Retain Auto-Rev Matching?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I ordered a bundle from American Muscle that includes a email tune from VMP. The guys at AM say that they can't preserve the automatic down-shift rev matching. I am not sure that is the case, so I sent a message directly to VMP.

In the event that VMP can't preserve the rev matching, is anyone aware of a tuner who can?

Car is a 2017 GT/CS with a performance package, but swapped a the manual for an auto and has factory tuned rev matching.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Marc, are you a member on the other Mustang forum?
I think there is a thread about something like this. Do a search for "rev match" perhaps?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
This is the only Mustang forum I'm in. I can take a look at the other one, if you can PM me the name. Don't want the boss to get mad.

Curt@injected

The loss of the rev match is due to all trans tm being shut off in the calibration. In my experience the 6r80's tend to shift just as fast(if not faster) and last longer with tm still on. Our shop s550 has been 8.90's @ 158 and 193 in the 1/2 with a 6R80 while still retaining rev matched downshifts.

That said, Justin should be able to leave it on for you if requested.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
The loss of the rev match is due to all trans tm being shut off in the calibration. In my experience the 6r80's tend to shift just as fast(if not faster) and last longer with tm still on. Our shop s550 has been 8.90's @ 158 and 193 in the 1/2 with a 6R80 while still retaining rev matched downshifts.

That said, Justin should be able to leave it on for you if requested.

I appreciate the feedback. He said they could square it up. I'm sure it will be okay. The first run still doesn't work, but I let him know... he should be sending a new tune soon.

Those ET's a bad ass!

Users who are viewing this thread