Retaliation...Mom's Car got Keyed over a Political Issue

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
So here is the deal. My mom and I are very conservative thinking people and in our local shit town there is an issue coming up that is VERY important to those of us who want to protect property rights.

Anti-Mansionization: The movement started in Solana Beach about a year ago where there is a group of people who seek to restrict people's property rights. Currently, the largest home you can build on a 10,000 square foot lot is 4,500 square feet. Not a mansion by anyone's strech of the imagination. They want to reduce the legal size of a property owner's house down to 3,500 square feet on the same lot. It is even WORSE of a percentage for those who have a larger lot.

The whole movement is designed to restrict people's property rights because "We don't want Solana Beach to become Hunnington Beach or Dana Point." "The fact that I have to see these huge homes when I walk down the street infringes on my rights and destroy's my quality of life."

These people are sick, bottom line. And today they crossed the line. My mom has been a resident of this city for 55 years and I grew up here as well. We were against the city incorporating in 1986 because we were afraid of this kind of dictatorship by a bunch of out of work house-wives who ran for city council. The issue has been disected to the point where only 900-1100 homes would be effected by this ordinance: The wealthiest pieces of real estate where bare lots go for well over a million dollars and "tear down" homes sell for close to $2,000,000. The total population of Solana Beach is in the neighborhood is somewhere around 14K and way less than 10% of the citizens are affected by this. See the pattern? See the design of this campaign? Even the title of the issue, "Anti-Mansionization," is deceptive.

Fast forward to today. My mom, being the long standing resident and proponent of people's rights to pursue their own happiness, walked out from the grocery store to her whole driver's side being keyed in one long and continuous stroke. She looked around for someone she would recognize, no one. She looked at the cars around hers, no other cars were keyed. Two and two pop up in her head and she immediately knows this is about Anti-Mansionization. She has ZERO enemies except for this issue, where she has been particularly vocal. Her car is very visible and she is visible because of what she has done for this city (all positive I assure you).

My question is what motivates people to do this? The people on the opposite side of this issue are just like her in age and demographic: older (mid-40s-60s) and white. There must be some larger issue here that is not apparent because it is clearly not worth keying someone's car over. Unless you are a petty individual who does not value ANY property, just like these folks. In a way, this is a form of terrorism. Think about it, this act was designed to silence my mom on the issue of Anti-Mansionization. They used TERROR to try and intimidate my family. They destroyed her property to get her to shut up. Who knows where this will go.

What am I able to do here? I know who is on the opposite side of the issue, I know them personally. Can I walk up to their house and call them out? Can I go up to them and ask if its ok that I key their car because I don't like their stance on an issue? Is that the level we are playing on now? Since when has it EVER been ok to do this?

Personally, I see this as a clear indication that those who are on the side of restricting property rights and denying other people's rights need to be ousted from this community. These people are the enemy! "We can't settle this the democratic way, we have to resort to violent acts and destruction of property!" **** these animals. If I knew who these people were...

Black0ut

Established Member
Could have been a couple random punk kids??

Let's hope that's the case so this ever so serious issue of Anti-Mansionization doesn't get blown out of proportion and lives become compromised.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
No, it definately was not some punk kid. Otherwise other cars would have been keyed, at least one would think so. Its too acute and SO close to the final decision for it to be a coincedence.

That is the point, this is not so serious of an issue that even keying a car is called for.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
I don't know how people handle these kind of things in california but around here people's heads would roll for crap like that. Everyone is armed and dangerous.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
**** those ****ers. If you make the dough, you should be able to have as big a house and as a big a lot as you want. Sorry to hear about your mom's car.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
svt32v99 said:
So here is the deal. My mom and I are very conservative thinking people and in our local shit town there is an issue coming up that is VERY important to those of us who want to protect property rights.

Anti-Mansionization: The movement started in Solana Beach about a year ago where there is a group of people who seek to restrict people's property rights. Currently, the largest home you can build on a 10,000 square foot lot is 4,500 square feet. Not a mansion by anyone's strech of the imagination. They want to reduce the legal size of a property owner's house down to 3,500 square feet on the same lot. It is even WORSE of a percentage for those who have a larger lot.

The whole movement is designed to restrict people's property rights because "We don't want Solana Beach to become Hunnington Beach or Dana Point." "The fact that I have to see these huge homes when I walk down the street infringes on my rights and destroy's my quality of life."

These people are sick, bottom line. And today they crossed the line. My mom has been a resident of this city for 55 years and I grew up here as well. We were against the city incorporating in 1986 because we were afraid of this kind of dictatorship by a bunch of out of work house-wives who ran for city council. The issue has been disected to the point where only 900-1100 homes would be effected by this ordinance: The wealthiest pieces of real estate where bare lots go for well over a million dollars and "tear down" homes sell for close to $2,000,000. The total population of Solana Beach is in the neighborhood is somewhere around 14K and way less than 10% of the citizens are affected by this. See the pattern? See the design of this campaign? Even the title of the issue, "Anti-Mansionization," is deceptive.

Fast forward to today. My mom, being the long standing resident and proponent of people's rights to pursue their own happiness, walked out from the grocery store to her whole driver's side being keyed in one long and continuous stroke. She looked around for someone she would recognize, no one. She looked at the cars around hers, no other cars were keyed. Two and two pop up in her head and she immediately knows this is about Anti-Mansionization. She has ZERO enemies except for this issue, where she has been particularly vocal. Her car is very visible and she is visible because of what she has done for this city (all positive I assure you).

My question is what motivates people to do this? The people on the opposite side of this issue are just like her in age and demographic: older (mid-40s-60s) and white. There must be some larger issue here that is not apparent because it is clearly not worth keying someone's car over. Unless you are a petty individual who does not value ANY property, just like these folks. In a way, this is a form of terrorism. Think about it, this act was designed to silence my mom on the issue of Anti-Mansionization. They used TERROR to try and intimidate my family. They destroyed her property to get her to shut up. Who knows where this will go.

What am I able to do here? I know who is on the opposite side of the issue, I know them personally. Can I walk up to their house and call them out? Can I go up to them and ask if its ok that I key their car because I don't like their stance on an issue? Is that the level we are playing on now? Since when has it EVER been ok to do this?

Personally, I see this as a clear indication that those who are on the side of restricting property rights and denying other people's rights need to be ousted from this community. These people are the enemy! "We can't settle this the democratic way, we have to resort to violent acts and destruction of property!" **** these animals. If I knew who these people were...

Throughout my life I have always been told there are two things that will divide any group, that being religion and politics.

I agree it sucks to get your property damaged.

That being said, for you to compare her car being keyed akin to any type of terrorist activity is just silly. You have no clue or evidence of who did this nor their motivation. Everything you have stated is simple supposition. While it sucks, you cant place blame on this other group because it seems too coincidental for it to be anything else.

You can walk up to any house you choose and call them out, but you run the risk of civil liability as well as other problems, especially without any evidence or proof of your accusations.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Throughout my life I have always been told there are two things that will divide any group, that being religion and politics.

I agree it sucks to get your property damaged.

That being said, for you to compare her car being keyed akin to any type of terrorist activity is just silly. You have no clue or evidence of who did this nor their motivation. Everything you have stated is simple supposition. While it sucks, you cant place blame on this other group because it seems too coincidental for it to be anything else.

You can walk up to any house you choose and call them out, but you run the risk of civil liability as well as other problems, especially without any evidence or proof of your accusations.

Thanks for your comments. But I belive it is a terrorist act. Same motivation. It was intended to freeze my mom's politics and make her submit to the enemy's will. Which is exactly what Hezbolla is attempting.

The thing is, if you knew about our particular city, you could see where my "supposition" might indeed be the reality of the situation. This is a very small community and a very small group of people HATE my mom and her political views. I feel safe saying that this is in direct correlation. This stuff does NOT happen here, EVER.

Accusations infront of a person and not slandering to the public. Those are two different things, right?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
svt32v99 said:
Thanks for your comments. But I belive it is a terrorist act. Same motivation. It was intended to freeze my mom's politics and make her submit to the enemy's will. Which is exactly what Hezbolla is attempting.

You are seriously equating your mom's car getting scratched to a group that is hell bent on destroying the State of Israel and the same group that is guilty of murdering over 200 U.S. Marines? Your mothers car got scratched. That is a warning to her? There was no note, no one is taking credit for, nor did this scratch say "stop" or anything similar.

How exactly do you know whether this scratch was deliberate or just an accident? How do you know what the intent of the scratch was? Have there been previous threats of property damage documented?

svt32v99 said:
The thing is, if you knew about our particular city, you could see where my "supposition" might indeed be the reality of the situation. This is a very small community and a very small group of people HATE my mom and her political views. I feel safe saying that this is in direct correlation. This stuff does NOT happen here, EVER.

So if your car gets a flat, is this "group" of people that hate your mom to blame? You may feel safe in saying there is a correlation but that is pure supposition. You have no evidence to back up your "direct correlation".

svt32v99 said:
Accusations infront of a person and not slandering to the public. Those are two different things, right?

HUH? Slander is a false statement done to harm a person's reputation. An accusation is a charge of wrongdoing. So indeed they are two different things. But falsely accusing someone of a crime can be slander, if in fact you dont have a legitimate reason to believe that person committed the act you are accusing them of. As in your case you call someone out in public and accuse them of a crime that you have no proof they did and in doing so you harm their reputation, you are guilty of slander.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
You are seriously equating your mom's car getting scratched to a group that is hell bent on destroying the State of Israel and the same group that is guilty of murdering over 200 U.S. Marines? Your mothers car got scratched. That is a warning to her? There was no note, no one is taking credit for, nor did this scratch say "stop" or anything similar.

How exactly do you know whether this scratch was deliberate or just an accident? How do you know what the intent of the scratch was? Have there been previous threats of property damage documented?

So if your car gets a flat, is this "group" of people that hate your mom to blame? You may feel safe in saying there is a correlation but that is pure supposition. You have no evidence to back up your "direct correlation".

HUH? Slander is a false statement done to harm a person's reputation. An accusation is a charge of wrongdoing. So indeed they are two different things. But falsely accusing someone of a crime can be slander, if in fact you dont have a legitimate reason to believe that person committed the act you are accusing them of. As in your case you call someone out in public and accuse them of a crime that you have no proof they did and in doing so you harm their reputation, you are guilty of slander.

Yes, I am saying exactly that. I am saying that using any method of intimidation is an act of terrorism...AN ACT OF TERRORISM. It is meant to terrorize her, instill fear, make her submit to their will. It is on a smaller scale, a much smaller scale but the principles are identical.

This issue is such a hotbutton that no note is needed. My mom is leading the charge against their cause and she is their enemy. This is the first time in 5 years she has taken the lead in something like this. Her ****ing license plates call attention to who she is but in no way would she have ever thought retaliation like this would ever have occured. She has not called ANYONE out or made any direct threats nor indirect ones. Just that people are wrong on this issue and those who are on our side need to gather and make this happen.

Its not just a scratch, not by a long shot. Infact its about 8 feet long and has a bunch of nice squiggly lines in it. DELIBERATE. NO ****ing accident here, why would I lie about this? It is pretty obvious to me that when people run across the stage and throw blood on someone's fur that they are probably part of a movement that is against killing animals for furs. Particularly when you wear furs and are proud of it and furs are in the local media quite a bit. You don't really have to have "proof" to draw a conclusion here. That is what I am telling you. You just have to trust me on this. Or not, I don't care.

Is not the act of pushing forward and speaking with fervor in favor of DESTROYING PROPERTY RIGHTS a threat in and of itself? You bet it is. Not to mention that a council member has showed hostile actions towards her before. If you could see the glares I get from people (everyone knows I am her son) at city council meetings, you would know EXACTLY what I am talking about and how I can tell this was deliberate. I have only spoken at the council meetings ONCE. These people are hostile, in every way.

Adam, you know just as well as I do that a flat tire is not the same thing as an intentional keying. Don't pretend they are the same. A slashed tire IS the same thing and it carries the same intent.

As I understand the law, they would be free to sue to their heart's content. But so long as I don't accuse them of something and ruin their name infront of someone else, I am in the clear, civily. If I say it to their face and no one else is around to hear it, then I am ok, no? Yeah, if I wrote a published letter to the editor and attacked someone I could be sued. But that is not what we are talking about here unless we did not communicate here.

Regardless of if you think I am making all of this up, the fact that someone would key someone's car is just insane. That person is so royally ****ed up in the head that they actually think its ok to destroy someone else's property...just cause they can! That person does not belong here...they belong in China.

tehnick

Inconsiderate Prick
Established Member
Cars get keyed all of the time. Some people are immature and disrespectful when it comes to personal property but I find is ludicrous for you to claim it as an act of terrorism to infuse fear into her to change her political views on the housing issues. Whatever happened to the concept of a vandal being an inconsiderate douchebag? Someone is angry and felt it was best to damage her car. It is hardly an act of terrorism. Would you classify a group of punk kids that egg houses as terrorists? I wouldn't. I would just classify them as a group of punks that need to catch a beat down. :)

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
holy crap!!! i can't believe the amount of retardation in this thread

Terrorism and VANDALIZISM are totally different for gods sake

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Honestly, the two might not be related. I mean seriously...maybe I'm just rational but I don't see how someone can think "Maybe if I key her car, she'll change her opinion." Whether it was related or not, the people doing the shit were immature punks.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Honestly, the two might not be related. I mean seriously...maybe I'm just rational but I don't see how someone can think "Maybe if I key her car, she'll change her opinion." Whether it was related or not, the people doing the shit were immature punks.

stop making sense now!

love bandit2

Established Member
you're right... al qaeda must have keyed your mom's car. I'll bet Ossama did it himself. What a sick f*ck. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Bullitt995 said:
I don't know how people handle these kind of things in california but around here people's heads would roll for crap like that. Everyone is armed and dangerous.
This is true, besides we don't have to deal with shit like that down here, we got all the New Orleans degenerents to deal with.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
svt32v99 said:
Adam, you know just as well as I do that a flat tire is not the same thing as an intentional keying. Don't pretend they are the same. A slashed tire IS the same thing and it carries the same intent.

That is exactly what I was referring to. So, if someone were to "slash" your tire within the next few days, it would automatically mean it was the same group that keyed your moms car? And now they were using "terroristic" tactics to intimidate you?

svt32v99 said:
Regardless of if you think I am making all of this up, the fact that someone would key someone's car is just insane. That person is so royally ****ed up in the head that they actually think its ok to destroy someone else's property...just cause they can! That person does not belong here...they belong in China.

I will quote myself from post number six
FordSVTFan said:
I agree it sucks to get your property damaged

As a side note, is your mother in the real estate business?

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
love bandit2 said:
you're right... al qaeda must have keyed your mom's car. I'll bet Ossama did it himself. What a sick f*ck. :rolleyes:

If this person is going to use an act of vandalism and equate it with terrorism, perhaps he needs to call his state office of homeland security.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
moddestmike said:
This is true, besides we don't have to deal with shit like that down here, we got all the New Orleans degenerents to deal with.

Lmao. So true.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Why the hell would you even want a 4500 sq ft home on a 10000 sq ft parcel>??? Doesn't anyone care about having a nice big property anymore>???
Your town sounds like a bunch of rich, whiney, pussies! Get over yourselves and find something better to do with your time than worry about who has a nicer house. -Mat-

Users who are viewing this thread