Retired from USAF today

Marc

Established Member
Congrats! Good on you for doing your 20 years! I am in the AF, CMSgt, almost 27 years in right now. I remember swearing I would never do a day over 20 years. :lol: I am going to do 3 more years are retire at 30 years.

I envy you! I can't wait to retire. Again, congrats and thanks for your service.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats! The transition from AF to civilian life should be pretty seamless! LOL!

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Congrats! Good on you for doing your 20 years! I am in the AF, CMSgt, almost 27 years in right now. I remember swearing I would never do a day over 20 years. :lol: I am going to do 3 more years are retire at 30 years.

I envy you! I can't wait to retire. Again, congrats and thanks for your service.

Thanks. I promised myself and my family that I would only do 20 and retire.

I would have actually gotten out at 20 years on the day, but AFPC makes you wait until the first of the month following your enlistment month.

Marc

Established Member
I was going to get out at 20 years old then made Senior at 18 years. Then I had all these Chiefs talk to me about staying in and I would make it one day. And to be honest, at that time (and still) I really like the AF. Doing 30 years is no big deal for me. I am retiring in the Philippines after I am done, so I won't work anymore. Only work I will do is out of my office in my house doing real estate dealings.

I wish the best for you. You served your country and service honorably!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
congratulations and thank you for your service!
my cousin is a supervisor at General Atomics (Predator drone). theyre always looking for avionics guys. i can put you in touch with him if youre interested.

funny thing is, his father/my uncle, was the recruiter for GA until he passed away a little over a year ago :(
but i actually hooked a forum member up with GA before. they flew him out and put him in a hotel so he could interview with them. they paid for the whole thing. former AF avionics tech as well!

Have any connections in their Pred Ops by chance? I'm an MQ-1 Sensor Operator and have been interested in joining them out in Palmdale for awhile.

SVT GI

Established Member
Congrats on retirement!!

Thanks.

I'm sure civilian life will be a lot easier than First Sergeant duty or deploying to Al Udeid as a lead Pro Super ensuring 100+ aircraft / 5 different airframes meet all air tasking orders for Iraq and Afghanistan daily.

See...thats what the AF does to you. You cant speak or write unless its bullet form. Write many 1206's and EPRs? LOL

Thanks. I promised myself and my family that I would only do 20 and retire.

I did too but now the wife wants me to stay longer and Im only at 16 years. "Two more stripes for Chief" she says :bored:

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
thank you for your service and congrats on your retirement!!! now, go out and enjoy your life!

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Congratulations, that is quite an accomplishment! Thank you very much for your service to our country. You are one of my heroes! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread