Retrofit question

jj6077

Established Member
Hey guys, I just ordered some parts and some raxiom headlights to use while i am getting my stock headlights retrofitted to take bixenon morimoto minis. My question is does anybody know if 50w is too much? I will be smoking the stock headlights as well.

jj6077

Established Member
i have 55w in mine, they are ok, but like others i will move over to 35w soon enough

are they significantly brighter in your opinion? I was planning on going for the 35w but like I said, I am going to black out my headlights so will it be enough?

ViciousJay

Established Member
are they significantly brighter in your opinion? I was planning on going for the 35w but like I said, I am going to black out my headlights so will it be enough?

55w's will being to wash color out (i have 5K in the heads), personally i want crisp lighting. i have 55's in the fogs as well but they seem to look much different then the head lights

go with the 35's

AAG

Established Member
They are too small for 55w imo. Id go fx-r projectors if you want to run 55w.

Last edited:

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i have the mini in my car. they will NOT work with 55W bulbs. i asked the same question when i bought my kit and they said the bulbs were too hot for the small projector.

BTW i wouldnt bother "smoking" the lens. mine looks dark with just the original reflector painted
IMAG0390.jpg

jj6077

Established Member
thanks for the replies guys, I am going to go with the 35w morimoto's. Hopefully it wont be as painful as everyone claims it to be

Users who are viewing this thread