Retune needed with different exhaust?

ATFPat

Established Member
I searched and this is properly going to be a dumb question. When I went from a cold air intake to ram, I ended up getting a new custom tune.

Having SLP lm1's I was debating getting a magnaflow catback or a stinger catback. Will switching out an exhaust affect the tune? I know the lm1's are really high flow, no chamber. Wanted to switch out into a chamber.

I hate to pay for a tune when later down the road I decide to purchase a whipple/KB and have to get it tuned out again.

Thanks! And sorry for the lame thread, just like it to run safe.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're just swapping catbacks you don't need a retune. If you were doing long tubes I'd suggest it. All catbacks flow pretty much the same.

ATFPat

Established Member
^ cool, thank you. That's what I was thinking but didn't want to be wrong and damage anything.

Thanks again!

PapaSmurf

Established Member
If you're just swapping catbacks you don't need a retune. If you were doing long tubes I'd suggest it. All catbacks flow pretty much the same.

sorry to raise this thread back up but can the same be said for someone like me wanting to switch from say a Flowmaster 40 series to something alot more straight through?

01yellercobra

Established Member
sorry to raise this thread back up but can the same be said for someone like me wanting to switch from say a Flowmaster 40 series to something alot more straight through?

Yes. It doesn't matter what catback it is. You don't need a retune. I went from a Mac to Borla Stingers. Headers and a mid pipe will have more of an affect then the catback.

Users who are viewing this thread