Retuned for florida eaton mach 1

wutang61

Established Member
Finally got the time to get the car back on the Dyno. Hasn't been on the Dyno in 8 years.
Unfortunately I do not have the overlay of the initial run as the tune was so off they pulled the plug. (12.5 AFR) car originally made 416/380 on 12*

No modifications were done between that Dyno run in this one unless you count plugs and new coil packs.

Mods:
JLT RAI
stage 1 steggy eaton 3.65" pulley
Mac prochamber
SLP LM2's
Viper T56
Built 8.8 w/ 4.10's

4FD281B9-072F-497C-A01B-188F0F899AE1.jpg

Timing was bumped a hair to 14*
All and all I'm pretty happy. 441/402 are impressive numbers to me for only 7~psi.
Some proof that Port work is worth the cash even for us stock pulley peasants.

1C2E2DAC-4412-49F0-B603-16146D01ADBA.jpg

bleedout

Established Member
Very nice, i miss boost!! Hey did you do that eaton swap? Im wondering how much of a pain in the ass it is, i read that some say its now worth the trouble and others run them all day. Just wondering if itd be worth doing or just buying a procharger kit and calling it........ I like the wheels btw

wutang61

Established Member
Very nice, i miss boost!! Hey did you do that eaton swap? Im wondering how much of a pain in the ass it is, i read that some say its now worth the trouble and others run them all day. Just wondering if itd be worth doing or just buying a procharger kit and calling it........ I like the wheels btw

Yea I did it myself. Many of the parts I got directly from ford. When I did the swap in 2007, the terminator take off parts were a dime a dozen on here. The best thing about the eaton swap is it gives you the cobra front drive. So now I can buy a TVS whipple or kenne bell down the road and its a drop in replacement. The pain in the ass comes from locating all of the parts... Mainly nuts and bolts to complete it. The installation is pretty straight forward. One plus is the write ups/part lists are out in the complete form now. When I did it I was one of the first on the registry to slap one together and it was hair pulling big time to figure it all out.
I'd like to step up the boost a little on my car, but Im not sure when my luck with the rods will run out. I've tossed around a 3.4" (9~psi) pulley forever now in my head.

And thanks! Here's a little better one:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 158

Users who are viewing this thread