Return Fuel system

sn8kbite

Established Member
FedEx just dropped off the new fuel system.I simply couldnt justify buying a BAP and a 500 dollar fuel filter kit and possibly still running into more issues with the returnless system,so heres most of the goodies for my new return style system.
Yup its not a mirror its twin aeromotive pumps,if everything works out the way i planned the second pump will be boost activated and the first pump will be from key on.
attachment.php

attachment.php
:pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper:

CWD

Established Member
Wow!

Looks awesome and I have no idea how it works!LOL! I hope you know how to put it together. Works inline with existing pumps? Interesting set up. Bet it cost a pretty penny too! Any more info. interested, install pics etc. Thanks good luck. :coolman:

sn8kbite

Established Member
Yes i know how to install it.The current pumps have to come out of the tank,the new pumps will be mounted in parallel,#1 pump will come on with the ignition,#2 pump will be activated at a preset boost value via an adjustable boost sensing switch.
The existing FRP sensor will remain in place for the PCM,this way i beleave i will have the best of both worlds,The system is really a Bypass system rather than a true return style system.

sn8kbite

Established Member
I wont post what it cost me,lets just say it wasnt cheep.
I got everything from Summit Racing,it took me 2 days of drawing,planning and designing the system on paper exactly as it will sit in the car in order to account for every adapter,hose end,fitting,ect....

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Good god, tell me you have a twin turbo with 18 or more lbs of boost. That is the only way I could ever justify going that route unless I had to install a fuel cell.

sn8kbite

Established Member
no i have a whipple pushing 20 pounds of boost,with blower cams,headers,3.73 gears,viper t-56,built short block,#60 injectors,longtubes,New heads,single blade TB,ect....
Once i get the car completed my plans are to build a stroker short block for it so when this motor lets loose all i have to do is drop it in.
My tuner and SCT tell me my fuel system isnt up to par so i took it to heart and resolved the problem,this way i have plenty of over kill and room for future upgrades.Do it right the first time around and you dont gotta mess with it a second time!!!! :rockon:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
sn8kbite said:
no i have a whipple pushing 20 pounds of boost,with blower cams,headers,3.73 gears,viper t-56,built short block,#60 injectors,longtubes,New heads,single blade TB,ect....
Once i get the car completed my plans are to build a stroker short block for it so when this motor lets loose all i have to do is drop it in.
My tuner and SCT tell me my fuel system isnt up to par so i took it to heart and resolved the problem,this way i have plenty of over kill and room for future upgrades.Do it right the first time around and you dont gotta mess with it a second time!!!! :rockon:

WIth that kit you will have the ability to pump about 2X's the fuel you will ever need.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Exactly..that is going to be one hell of a fuel system you've got there. Write down all of the parts that way some of us can learn from you if we need to go this route. :)

sn8kbite

Established Member
I have my hand drawn blue print of how it all lays out in the car with every fitting,adapter,hose,filter,valve,and pump,each part it numbered to identify it and then you cross reference it to a seperate page with numbers 1 thru 40 each number is assigned a part number,price,and description on that page.
If it works out as well as i am hoping i will post it for reference.
I suppose i better go out and take some pictures of my progress so far cuz i am already better than 3/4 finished.

sn8kbite

Established Member
the system is on and working great so far,throttle seems to be a lot more touchy and responsive than the old factory system.
i have a few minor items to finish up and then its back to the dyno.
if everything works out ok i will post up some pictures that show the system.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
sn8kbite said:
the system is on and working great so far,throttle seems to be a lot more touchy and responsive than the old factory system.

:beer:

justinh03

Established Member
sn8kbite said:

out of curiosity what is the wiring harness for in the picture and where did you get it? it looks like it may plug into the factory harness. also, did you say you kept the factory fuel pressure sensor on the driver's side rail? how did you do that? i would love to seem some pics of it all installed. i just bought a car with a return style system in it and cobra motor installed and it definitely has some bugs that need to be worked out.

sn8kbite

Established Member
The wiring you see is the dual relay for the fuel pumps.Its does not plug into the OEM harness however it is quite simple to install.
To maintain the fuel rail pressure sensor i opted to build a BYPASS style system not a true return system.Meaning the stock rails are still in place along with the pressure sensor,that way the computer still knows whats going on in the fuel rails,the rails are still returnless and are fed off of the regulator,the regulator is set to what ever pressure you require and can be done with the car not running,that amount of pressure is maintained in the rails and any excess bypasses out the regulator and returns to the fuel tank via the return line.It also has a boost reference port on the regulator to increase at a 1 to 1 ratio,the second pump is activated at 5 PSI of boost via a boost sensitive switch.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Can you give me the part number for the fuel filter you chose? I need to get an inline filter for my setup and I don't know which one to get. It's probably between the Russell and the Magnafuel.

Users who are viewing this thread