Return fuel system?

red92

Never To Fast
Established Member
I am looking to go with a return fuel system and have a few ???'s
First off with a 3.4, would a 60lb inj be good or do I need to go up? What is everybody running with there return system? Walbro's w/fore hat or external pump and which is better? With the Walbro's do you still run the FPDM(s), how do you wire this thing up? (any diagrams).
any help would be greatful.
Thanks
:beer:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
any thing over 700rwhp and you'll need 80's. I have the fore return setup from lethal and I'm happy with it. No fpdms, returns use fuel pressure regulators.

red92

Never To Fast
Established Member
I am thinking it be in the 600+hp range daily driven but there will be times that I am sure it will be upped to 750+hp ;-)
So do I still stick with the 80's or is there any other option? Also would anyone have the wiring diagram to hook up the pumps?

GodStang

Established Member
I am thinking it be in the 600+hp range daily driven but there will be times that I am sure it will be upped to 750+hp ;-)
So do I still stick with the 80's or is there any other option? Also would anyone have the wiring diagram to hook up the pumps?

You wont need 80lb until around 725-750rwhp and they are good well into the 1200rwhp range. So with 750 you MAY be fine with 60lbers. I would not risk it since 80s are so cheap. Are you spraying to get 750 with the 3.4L? Not sure if that makes a difference in fuel setup.

Another thing you may want to look at is running E85 if you have that around. Can run more boost but will have to run the 80s for sure. I just finished my setup and now want to redo it to do E85 since you can make so much more power.

red92

Never To Fast
Established Member
You wont need 80lb until around 725-750rwhp and they are good well into the 1200rwhp range. So with 750 you MAY be fine with 60lbers. I would not risk it since 80s are so cheap. Are you spraying to get 750 with the 3.4L? Not sure if that makes a difference in fuel setup.

Another thing you may want to look at is running E85 if you have that around. Can run more boost but will have to run the 80s for sure. I just finished my setup and now want to redo it to do E85 since you can make so much more power.

No not looking to spray with the 3.4 (don't know if I would need to) just change the pulley and up the boost to 25-28lbs with race gas, but you do bring up a good point, I might have to look at the E85 and see where I could get it! What do you have to change to go the E85 route? Thanks guys for the input.

GodStang

Established Member
Here is a list of the stations: Growth Energy Market Development NOT ALL ARE ON THERE. The E85 can corrade things plus you need about 25% more fuel but I think they say its equal to about 100-105 octane. You gas mileage goes down but math mathematically for me I would save about 25 cents a gallon even with the worse gas mileage. You can run more boost and more timing on the street also for more power.

Talk to 04Sleeper he just did it.

Users who are viewing this thread