Returned to Plant.....??

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
After waiting since April 9th when I left my deposit on a 2nd allocation car, my car was finally built on October 18th with an ETA of October 26th. My car has been sitting at ramp 51, but today my dealer sent me an updated Vehicle Visibility Report indicating "Returned to Plant (Autoport Limited)". What the heck does that mean? Isn't the plant closed?

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Damn that stinks, wonder why. My car is on a train in Nebraska as of a couple hours ago from my dealer, it was built on the 15th. Dealer needs to contact the regional sales rep tomorrow and find out what's up.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
my boss did the same. and i swear the passenger side fender is a different color. I assume it means it was damaged in area 51 and then was sent back to be repaired. on the bright side mine shipped very fast after it returned from the plant again.

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
Think positive, battery could have been dead :)

I like the way you think. I am going to try calling SVT today and see what they say. Somebody should be able to give an explanation as to why it what sent back to the plant after sitting at Ramp 51 for over two weeks.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
and like I don't mean overspray or anything it looks like they simply replaced the fender and re-stickered it. the B and O in the boss stickers are lifting a little adding to this theory. Just looks like a new fender from a different paint batch was put on the car. 9.9 out of 10 people can't tell but the color is just ever so slightly different.

railroad

Established Member
I guess this is not the same as when they test or evaluate one as a sample, or recalibrate, tune or correct something. Sitting outside that long maybe the protective plastic needed replacing. Gotta think positive.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
There is only 2 reasons vehicle are called back to plant from Ramp 51.

1. Damage that occurred to car while at Ramp 51.

2. They find an issue with vehicles on the production line, and want to check vehicles made just before to see if they missed anything.

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
There is only 2 reasons vehicle are called back to plant from Ramp 51.

1. Damage that occurred to car while at Ramp 51.

2. They find an issue with vehicles on the production line, and want to check vehicles made just before to see if they missed anything.

Let's hope for #2. If that is the case, maybe there will be another member here who had a car at Ramp 51 recently that had the same thing happen.

91svtbird

Established Member
Sorry to hear this , hope it's not from any damage but something mechanical instead that can be fixed easily.

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
I called SVT today and also got a PM response from Deysha. As of today the car was put back out awaiting shipment. Neither one could tell me why it was sent back to the plant, but it was there from 11/3 to today, 11/7. Hopefully it will get shipped soon, and I will definitely look it over very closely when it gets here.

SVTKen

Established Member
Regardless of what happened, it is always important to look a car over very carefully before you take delivery. I always inspect my cars thoroughly, inside and out, looking for any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread