Rev it up, shut it down

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Okay, here is a public service announcement to everyone:

When you're getting ready to park, and shut off your car, expecially at a cruise-in or car show...

DON'T rev the engine and immediately shut it down. Contrary to popular belief, it is not "cool" or "impressive". It is harmful to your motor. Think about it- washing down the cylinder walls with raw, unburned fuel from the 7000 rpm blip of the throttle, and then rapid shutting down of the ignition system. Then, when you're starting your car up later that night, those rings have a great time grinding against the cylinder bores with no coating of oil. Then people wonder why their "badass" motor starts going through oil so quick.

Do us all (and your car) a favor Macho man, and don't do it!
:cuss:

Sorry, I've been to too many car shows and cruise-ins where idiots do this. There should be a law...

Same thing goes for people who fire their car up cold and rev it to unGodly high rpms. WAIT for the oilpressure and temp to come up!

Okay, I'm done :cryying: whining. Sorry

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by monkeyspunk79
Okay, here is a public service announcement to everyone:

When you're getting ready to park, and shut off your car, expecially at a cruise-in or car show...

DON'T rev the engine and immediately shut it down. Contrary to popular belief, it is not "cool" or "impressive". It is harmful to your motor. Think about it- washing down the cylinder walls with raw, unburned fuel from the 7000 rpm blip of the throttle, and then rapid shutting down of the ignition system. Then, when you're starting your car up later that night, those rings have a great time grinding against the cylinder bores with no coating of oil. Then people wonder why their "badass" motor starts going through oil so quick.

Do us all (and your car) a favor Macho man, and don't do it!
:cuss:

Sorry, I've been to too many car shows and cruise-ins where idiots do this. There should be a law...

Same thing goes for people who fire their car up cold and rev it to unGodly high rpms. WAIT for the oilpressure and temp to come up!

Okay, I'm done :cryying: whining. Sorry
AMEN TO THAT

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Re: Re: Rev it up, shut it down

Originally posted by bbp42d
AMEN TO THAT

Ditto....I have a neighbor with an old pickup and bullets....And yea,I work day and night shifts...Can ya guess how much I like'em?.......:bash: :nonono: :bored: :cuss:

mambaman

Established Member
i'm curious, how low do you guys keep your rpm's right after you've started the car and started driving?i keep mine under 3k until it's warm, anyone else?

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by mambaman
i'm curious, how low do you guys keep your rpm's right after you've started the car and started driving?i keep mine under 3k until it's warm, anyone else?

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
YUPPER

Originally posted by mambaman
KEEP IT THERE TILL THE GAUGE STARTS TO MOVE:beer: :coolman:

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
I never knew about the revving and shutting down problem. It makes perfectly good sense, though.

Thanks for the warning. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread