rev limiter

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
On the ride back up from PA to Long Island I accidentally hit the rev limiter in a 1st to 2nd shift (merging onto NJ turnpike from short on ramp). This is the first time I ever did it, and it immediately was fine..... It ran great the last hour and half of trip. I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Thanks.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
01_BLK_COBRA said:
On the ride back up from PA to Long Island I accidentally hit the rev limiter in a 1st to 2nd shift (merging onto NJ turnpike from short on ramp). This is the first time I ever did it, and it immediately was fine..... It ran great the last hour and half of trip. I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Thanks.
Car should be fine, just dont make a habit of it. BTW your avitar reminds me of home. I lived in Holbrook for over 20 years and I have family that live out by you in Ashroken. Hope your enjoying the cold :poke:

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
Yeah try not to do it again. I think i just broke a ring landing because i missed 3rd. But i have bounched off the limiter countless times screwing around though.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah you're fine. Look at all the stupid 03-04 owners that beat theirs like a redheaded step child and are ok.

I've hit mine a few times. Just don't make a habit of it or hold it there for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread