Rev-matched down shifts?

triso

Established Member
Uh oh here come the purists. This car has magnetic ride control. Do you think you are balancing the cars body motions perfectly when cornering or is the car doing that for you? Will you only buy the base shelby to avoid having that "interference"? Ever panic stop? Did ABS kick in? Well you should have just modulated the brakes better.

I could swear I heard someone mention it in a video. Maybe they just didn't know what they were talking about. Said something about driver modes and how if you're in sport it will blip the throttle for you on downshifts.

sonic cobra

Established Member
How many of those purists know how to double clutch into first gear? How many even know what that is?
That skill died with the advent of fully synchronized manual trannys. probably over the objections of the purists of that day. The heel toe downshift will suffer the same fate, unless the dual clutch automatics obsolete the manual tranny altogether. Its called progress and its inevitable.

BlownAway03

Established Member
It's funny to me when these purists guys come out. Keep driving the same old junk from decades ago if you can't appreciate advances in technology. But when I spend upwards of $60k I want all the goodies available, whether I use them or not.

Mark Aubele

Established Member
So guys that don't like rev matched downshifts done by a computer are dismissed as silly purists? Why not buy an automatic, it's faster. I guess you hate progress and technology.

I for one, want to drive the car, and want driving a manual properly to remain an art. Computer aided rev matching is cheating.

BlownAway03

Established Member
So guys that don't like rev matched downshifts done by a computer are dismissed as silly purists? Why not buy an automatic, it's faster. I guess you hate progress and technology.

I for one, want to drive the car, and want driving a manual properly to remain an art. Computer aided rev matching is cheating.

Once again.....Pay close attention......LISTEN real close. Are you ready? The system defaults to off in the car's that have it. You don't want it, don't use it. It's that simple. It will detract nothing from you "purist" driving.

Mark Aubele

Established Member
Once again.....Pay close attention......LISTEN real close. Are you ready? The system defaults to off in the car's that have it. You don't want it, don't use it. It's that simple. It will detract nothing from you "purist" driving.

The fact that it is in the car detracts from it. And I realize you can shut it off, makes no difference. You can "shift" an automatic too, doesn't make it any better.

krt22

Established Member
The fact that it is in the car detracts from it. And I realize you can shut it off, makes no difference. You can "shift" an automatic too, doesn't make it any better.

You are off your rocker if you think simply having the option to rev match is equivalent to having an auto.

jtfx6552

Established Member
It's a feature for PUSSY Corvette owners, lol.

I mean it's clear a computer can drive faster than a human, so why not turn the steering and throttle over to the computer as well?

krt22

Established Member
yeah im sure you go to the track, turn off all TC/ESC, and lap vettes all day long :rolling:

RSKtakR

Established Member
Damn, $395 for something I do most EVERY time I downshift myself! I kinda think that having something that does the rev matching for you takes the "sportyNESS" out of it?? I love rev matching my downshifts. That being said I don't track my car but I can understand that this would be a good option for less work around a track.

Users who are viewing this thread