Revan 2015 Mustang GT Daytona Videos Including the Tri-Oval

Van@RevanRacing

Front Bumper Cam Lapping the Daytona International Speedway Tri-Oval

[video=youtube;NTJaREBI-8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJaREBI-8E&list=TLRAG5Ewig8KI[/video]

Harry's Lap Timer Video of the Daytona International Speedway Rolex 24 Hour Road Course Bone Stock 2:15.90

[video=youtube;9taQQuqj2eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9taQQuqj2eQ&list=TLRAG5Ewig8KI[/video]

bpmurr

Established Member
This car drives very well in stock form and Ford gave us a great foundation to build on.

How do you think it compares to a stock 13-14 GT500?

I'd love for you to take a manual Performance Pack GT for a spin as well.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

The biggest advantage to a stick Performance Pack GT versus an Automatic is going to be the ability to use the engine for braking. You can do it with the Automatic but it's not as manual as you would like on the downshifts for over rev protection.

Nothing compares to a 13/14 GT500 because of the low end grunt and torque the car just screams out of the hole. But in an open track environment there are trade offs. I've tracked a lot of different Mustangs and this is a unique experience because we've never had a Mustang with paddle shifters. What you don't have in engine braking can possibly be made up for in quicker up shifting and car control because you don't have to take a hand off the wheel, etc.

We are just in the beginning with these cars and there is a lot more to be had. So far I'm thoroughly impressed.

Van@RevanRacing

Van, what are your thoughts of the PP compared to a 12-13 Boss? Is the 15 a more capable track car?

In all fairness my car is an auto with paddle shifters. Not a PP car. The biggest issue I encountered is reduction in engine braking when down shifting at speed. We are moving forward rapidly with new products and development but this is an amazing platform to start out with. I've driven multiple Boss 302's and reality is that this car with some modest suspension upgrades and braking upgrades is going to be an amazing platform. Then consider what Ford is planning with the GT350 and GT350 R. Wow.

I hurt some Corvette feelings this weekend. Much I attribute to experience but suffice to say there were still some hurt feelings seeing a 15 Mustang GT passing on the high side in the banking.

Users who are viewing this thread