Revan-ized Round II

jps043

Established Member
Looking good. Another beast in the making.

Yes sir! All thanks to you! Taking the beast into the shop this Tuesday for install, I will keep you updated on the progress, thanks again for everything!

Let me know when you go to the track! I'm thinking about going in the near future to see what my current combo will lay down.

Will do for sure Nickoli. The plan is to hit the strip once I get the beast all dialed in after this round of mods.

jps043

Established Member
Well, I got my car back yesterday and I wanted to post my initial impressions. The first thing I noticed is that the car is actually quieter on startup, at idle and at normal driving speeds than it was with just the H-Pipe and stock manifolds. The new exhaust tone is a much deeper tone that absolutely screams at WOT and under higher RPMs. Second, and I know this won't make sense as no gearing adjustments were made, but the gearing "feels" taller now. Third, I am definitely using more fuel but I know this is in part to the CEL which is currently on for running too rich.

I haven't really pushed it yet because I want to get the tune dialed in and get rid of the CEL, but I can tell it definitely has picked up a few ponies. Finally, I now have this obnoxious rattle at high speeds in the rear of the vehicle (sounds like it's coming from the axle-back).

John S.

jps043

Established Member
I just realized I never posted the results from these upgrades but this setup ended up making 768whp and 745wtq on a conservative lund tune with a bit of added timing.

Revan-ized Part III:
This week I decided to pull the trigger on my third round of mods, suspension mods.

Revan Racing Suspension Package:

• BMR Adjustable Upper Control Arm/Mount
    BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar/Support Rod
    BMR Single Adjustable Lower Control Arms/Relocation Brackets
    Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs

Time to start putting the power to the pavement.

carguy19

Established Member
I am very interested in the ported blower/BPS elbow options and have been awaiting someone to post results of their gains.

My mods are in my sig. Just the blower cut/weld/port my car picked up 29 hp at the wheels. No other changes. My car had the BPS elbow on it before and after the ported blower. The BPS elbow also needs to be ported/Smoothed out if you are doing the blower.

MattR

Established Member
How are you guys making track passes without roll bars? Around me if you break 11.5, your done running the full track. 1/8 mile only.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
How are you guys making track passes without roll bars? Around me if you break 11.5, your done running the full track. 1/8 mile only.
NHRA tracks are 9.99 with no bar on an "unmodified" car of the past few years.

Modified uses the old rules.

MattR

Established Member
So what's modified mean? We took our firebird two weeks ago. Just a cam and port work car with a big little set up and got the boot. My Shelby is a blower swap and full exhaust on a DR.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So what's modified mean? We took our firebird two weeks ago. Just a cam and port work car with a big little set up and got the boot. My Shelby is a blower swap and full exhaust on a DR.

Which track?
I went 10.87@137 at Milan wearing shorts, no warning :)
-J

Users who are viewing this thread