Review: Clutch Pedal Extension

Levix

Established Member
I drive a 2014 GT Track Pack (manual). I'm 5'8" and have to sit very close to the steering wheel to be able to properly pushing the clutch pedal all the way in, so I bought a clutch pedal extension from AM.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/clutch-pedal-extention-9414.html

What's included:
It's two pieces of plastic and a couple bolts. The plastic pieces compress the clutch pedal, and create a mounting location for the clutch pedal pad. Real simple design.

Install:
I found the best way to install it is to:
1) remove the pad from the clutch pedal
2) Install one half of the plastic on the clutch pad. (Using flat blade screwdriver to pry the rubber on the pad)
3) Install the second half of the plastic on the clutch pad (Using flat blade screwdriver to pry the rubber on the pad)
4) Spread the two halves like a clam shell over the clutch pedal on the car.
5) Install two bolts through plastic.

Immediately trying it out for the first time, my driving position to soo much more enjoyable. I can actually relax more, instead of consistently feeling like I'm crammed inside the car, against the steering wheel.

The only downside to the extension is the price. $50 is pretty steep considering how simple the product is, but it's definitely worth it.

Angry50

Established Member
guess short people need mods too.. lol i know when i had my manual i always had an issues with position but i think mine was oppostie. i believe my legs are longer than my torso so at a good distance (seat all the way back) i could use pedals fine but had to lean forward to the steering wheel and shifter. so i would have seat all the way back raised up and leaned forward to get a decent driving position.. but now its easier i just hold wheel stomp gas haha

scott_0

Established Member
Ive had one of these for a few years now, I really like it

Users who are viewing this thread