Revised # 9 Tunable Induction 'Update package special'

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
I wanted to thank all the customers who have helped me introduce the new 3rd gen # 9 system.

With the recent dyno data:

+17 hp over the Steeda @ 12.2 - 13. A/F (wot A/F @ 12.2)
Steeda recored A/Fs also reaching 12.6

These are A/F ratios very close to the accepted Steeda ratios and address the early concerns with the original system.

Please note that the 'up' position on the # 9 system usually posts the best airflow and of course the leanest A/F ratios. These recent dyno sessions were conducted with the #2 'up' filter positioning.

One of the problems in the past which will be addressed in more upcoming dyno sessions is getting the 1-2-3 different tuning positions A/F ratios posted with dyno testing done correctly to reflect the 'tunable aspect' of this system.

I'll post these sessions as I recieve them and I've related all the necessary testing info. to Evil concerning the 3 position testing characteristics.

I'm offering an update package to all our past customers on this system:

new Green Filter/ revised meter pipe/ fresh 'up' position filter sleeve/ and the 3rd underhood tuning position separate CNCd meter adapter & all the hardware, directions @ $79., delivered.

Note that the meter positioning can also be 'rotated' on the # 3 tuning position for an additional tuning advantage during dyno testing.

Note that this doesn't include the carbon fiber cover plate which can also be added @ an additional $ 45. (these are real carbon fiber and expensive to produce)

You'll be able to dial-in different A/Fs without a tuner and A-B the A/F ratios against the stock or modified tune while staying within 'warranty acceptability'.

We don't have this update package on the site as it's only for past customers and can be ordered by calling the toll free shop # 866-509-7453.

(Note that even though we have thousands of systems inservice, this is a new 3rd Gen system which we're just now getting customer dyno results on after our initial dyno sessions before releasing it.)

www.TunableInduction.com

I hope everyone has a GREAT CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY!

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Dude, I got a tip for you. I hear the word 'problem' in many of your posts and it makes me want to never buy your product. You should solve all of these 'problems' and then market your system to the public without having to offer 'upgrade packages' to fix old problems.

Also, why would anyone want to dial-in different A/F ratios? I would rather put a system on, tune for it, and be done with it. I don't think playing around with different fuel ratios on a supercharged motor is a good idea. What you see for A/F in all 3 positions on one car will be different on another car as well. Too many factors, and deliberately altering A/F without having LIVE data at hand is a recipe for disaster. I'm not trying to bash you or your product, I am just letting my thoughts be known.

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
Auto parts, like our Mustangs evolve. Remember the first Nitrous systems?
A lot of us fryed a lot of motors. No one would touch them for quite a while, until the dawn of computer controls. Now they're actually a better bang for the buck than blowers. Nitrous...talk about dangerous. These are just cold air kits.

It's like K&N now has an FIPK 2, and they also updated the filter again after the shootout.

It's unique in that it's tunable and our customers who have the system don't see it as a drawback, just the opposite.

Most guys buy and install it as it won the Shootout rather than fully checking the versatility of it. Others who don't want a tuner can dial-in much closer with a tunable system.

If a system has one filter location and this isn't optimum there's no tuning option.

Last edited:

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
JP Demolet has a right to stand behind his product and make it better as does Tucker, both of whom have earned my respect just through recent contact. Each of them have certainly owned up to their products, and with the upcoming shoot-out, they will probably both choose to enhance their products afterwards in one fashion or another to benefit you, the end consumer. One thing you have to remember is that you are the beneficiary of the extra R&D with no equatable out of pocket expense, and I feel both sponsors have their R&D, design qualities, and actual customer service in spades. I can hardly wait to get the testing underway, and I am flattered that they are willing to share their results with the technology interns at my company, as well as all of the members on this site.

Technology interns, not bad, eh??? ;-)

Good Luck and Happy Holidays to you both, Jay & John.

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
Thanks Mike.

One of the biggest problems, not with the system, is customers not trying the different tuning positions when dynoing.

I really look forward to the 'cover all bases' type of professional testing you'll be conducting.

I hope you and your family have a GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON, and thanks again for offering to conduct the testing!

Users who are viewing this thread