Rick James and The Ghetto Garage Strikes Again!

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
H U G E ! ! ! Thanks to Mi Hombre Scott for his help on my first blower swap! :beer:

Actually, it was more like me helping him because I drop to many bolts into engine neverland :coolman:

We also threw on a heat exchanger and an ice box for good measure :banana:

The last bolt on was a polished single blade Accufab throttle body that just didn't seem to fit right. For a second I thought I was trippin on Permatex fumes or maybe had a few to many beers but a quick call to Billy revealed that a Lightening throttle body will not fit on a Cobra :lol:

Besides the Stage IV swap going smooth as butter, its always a good time hanging out at Ghetto Garage :rockon: The only thing missing from Scott's garage is a disco ball and a brass pole!

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
Glad to hear your luck is turning around. You coming to oc?

At this point, not too sure. Still have a few more mods to iron-out with Billy (Wiseguy) next week.

Where in Delaware are you? My parents retired to Milton DE right on the Delaware Bay! I go out there all the time!

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
At this point, not too sure. Still have a few more mods to iron-out with Billy (Wiseguy) next week.

Where in Delaware are you? My parents retired to Milton DE right on the Delaware Bay! I go out there all the time!

I live in Dover, and work in Wilmington. Milton is about 1hr south of me IIRC

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Here's a couple I snapped along the way. Mike wouldn't allow me to take a pic of the finished job because his plenum didn't match his blower, haha! Such a diva! Like he said, he will post up pics once he swaps the TB and plenum for the shiny Accufab joints.....

And of course, the refreshinator.....:beer:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
+1. mod list on the fridge please? part numbers? install procedure?

Haha, the fridge is a true Ghetto Garage classic! While installing the tap handle, my buddy drilled through the ONE TINY refrigerant line that runs up that side of the box. Couldn't have done it again if he tried! Well, we patched the line and then needed to recharge the system, so what did we do? Umm, we fabbed up the most ghetto solution ever.....we integrated (Tee'd in) a can of R12 right into the system! Shes been blowin' icey cold goodness for 3+ years now with that can of R12 duct taped to the back of her!! :beer:

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
Haha, the fridge is a true Ghetto Garage classic! While installing the tap handle, my buddy drilled through the ONE TINY refrigerant line that runs up that side of the box. Couldn't have done it again if he tried! Well, we patched the line and then needed to recharge the system, so what did we do? Umm, we fabbed up the most ghetto solution ever.....we integrated (Tee'd in) a can of R12 right into the system! Shes been blowin' icey cold goodness for 3+ years now with that can of R12 duct taped to the back of her!! :beer:

Ghetto Garage FTMFW!!! Its the ultimate Man Cave :beer:

The sound system alone Rocks it! :rockon:
Add to that, Cable TV, Interwebs Workstation and the Ghetto Garage Kegarator! :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread