Ridetech Coilovers/Air Suspension is now available for Fox Bodies!

BLKFOX

Established Member
The fox body Mustang parts have reached the point of having parts being put on the shelf! Just like the other body styles, we will be offering air suspension and coilover lineups. All of the mounts have been revised for our Fox Racing shocks, giving us plenty of clearance in the front and rear to run the maximum tire size on a stock car.

We started out with my 93 LX Hatch. The car had the stock struts and shocks with 1.5" lowering springs, not a bad stance, but we definitely wanted something that handled and rode alot better. While setting up the coilovers, we want as much travel out of the shocks as possible. The Fox strut has a huge amount of travel available so there wasn't any issue, whatsoever. The rear shock mounts have a bracket that drops the shocks down to help achieve the 5" stroke shock that we're using.

The stock pieces coming off:

2014-08-16010039_zpsdc8eef0f.gif

On the front, just like our other kits, we’ve built an aluminum extrusion to mount the monotube strut into the factory locations. Up top, it has our billet aluminum, adjustable caster plates, and a bolt on the strut to adjust the camber.

DSC04583_zps34dbabd7.jpg

DSC04554_zps648f41da.jpg

DSC04555_zpsa386694d.jpg

The factory shock towers offer plenty of room for the 4" diameter bag:
DSC04614_zps0999efea.jpg

Our rear shocks come with a bracket to bolt onto the factory rear end that moves the shock away from the housing, for added clearance for the Shockwaves and springs on the coilover. The upper mount on the kit is a delrin bushing, a self-lubricating piece that gives off a nice, quiet ride. Going into the factory location, the taller stud top allows a larger wheel to fit on the car, I’m running an 18x10 with a 295/30-18 tire (with rolled fender lips).

DSC04581_zps660a4a1e.jpg

The rear bracket bolts up, onto the factory shock bracket. This picture shows the clearance that is available for shocks.
DSC04611_zps6943e605.jpg

The entire system is a direct bolt on to a factory car, that is designed to lower the car about 2.5” compared to factory driving height. Whether you’re building a nice street cruiser or a full on race car, the kit can be set up to do whatever you like. The spring rates can be modified as needed for whatever your goal for the car is, or if you’re running a different engine size. The kit completely changes the stance and ride quality of the car, while being very smooth at the same time!

20140827_180841_RichtoneHDR_zps78b15725.jpg

20140827_180755_zps511bf596.jpg

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I've read over this a couple times trying to make sure I understand this. This kit has both springs and bags on all 4 corners? The max drop is only 2.5in? Is it a complete kit with compressor, valve and tank? Cost?

Thank you

BLKFOX

Established Member
Any completely aired out pics?

Oh yeah would love to see that myself
I pull up some pictures of another car that is on air, mine is on coilovers!
I've read over this a couple times trying to make sure I understand this. This kit has both springs and bags on all 4 corners? The max drop is only 2.5in? Is it a complete kit with compressor, valve and tank? Cost?

Thank you

Sorry for the confusion, the coilover kit and air suspension kits are two completely different setups.

The ride height (of both kits) is 2.5" lower than factory height. On the air suspension kit, you'll be able to lower it about 2-3" than the driving height.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
ok, I thought I was going crazy. I'd like to see pics of the other car.

BLKFOX

Established Member
This fox was done not real long ago, fully aired out, this is what your height would be looking like:

JimBuehlersfoxbody049_zps2dbdfbae.jpg

His driving height was this position:

JimBuehlersfoxbody050_zps47a5f9a2.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Subscribing.
Still waiting for the combination of air springs and electronic adjustable dampers (like the electronic controlled Bilsteins on my '14 GT500).
If you need a GT500 to drive over from Ohio, let me know :)
VERY cool to see you have Foxbody kits, great idea!!!
-J

BLKFOX

Established Member
Looks amazing - love it with no air
Thanks! I like mine with the coilovers on it alot, some guys just want to slam them down though, so we made it to where we can go either way :-D.
Subscribing.
Still waiting for the combination of air springs and electronic adjustable dampers (like the electronic controlled Bilsteins on my '14 GT500).
If you need a GT500 to drive over from Ohio, let me know :)
VERY cool to see you have Foxbody kits, great idea!!!
-J
On the 14's, we do have a single and triple adjustable available! On the electronic ones, we may have something in the future, we've done a few in the past, just not with this design yet! We've got our 2010 here at work but you're welcome to come over and visit anytime! :beer:

BLKFOX

Established Member
Excellent decision no doubt - but I love that slam down look as well

Thanks alot! It's more of a personal preference than anything. If you drove it with coilovers on it and then switched it to air, the ride quality and performance would be the same, either way is a huge change!

edit - I put the new clutch in it last night and went for a cruise :rockon:

20140902_234432_RichtoneHDR_zps7b13538c.jpg

and yes... I need a hood.

20140902_234412_RichtoneHDR_zps1b53bcb1.jpg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
On the 14's, we do have a single and triple adjustable available! On the electronic ones, we may have something in the future, we've done a few in the past, just not with this design yet! We've got our 2010 here at work but you're welcome to come over and visit anytime! :beer:
Finding an option to adapt the air springs to the adjustable '13-14s Bilsteins or adapting your dampers to have control from the stock electronics (2-mode) would be a great idea for the S197 market. Several guys on here are working to get a parts list to swap S197s to the adj. suspension on my GT500.
If you guys are interested in working on something PM me as I've already started some research.
Good market potential for you.
Rear angle shot on your Fox looks perfect, gotta love a sweet Foxbody
-J

BLKFOX

Established Member
Finding an option to adapt the air springs to the adjustable '13-14s Bilsteins or adapting your dampers to have control from the stock electronics (2-mode) would be a great idea for the S197 market. Several guys on here are working to get a parts list to swap S197s to the adj. suspension on my GT500.
If you guys are interested in working on something PM me as I've already started some research.
Good market potential for you.
Rear angle shot on your Fox looks perfect, gotta love a sweet Foxbody
-J
Thanks alot man, I'll do some talking!
That stance looks great.
Thanks Travis!

Users who are viewing this thread