Right rear brake clicking noise 93 SVT

Blacksally

Established Member
Driving down the road I hear a clicking noise coming from the right rear brakes. 21000 miles on car, new pads, rotors are good. Should there be an anti rattle clip back there and if so what does it look like and does anyone have a part number. I am assuming that is all it is. The pads moving around. The noise diappears when I apply the brakes. Thanks in advance for the info.
A link to a diagram would also be helpful.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Clicking 93 Cobra brakes

I've got the same problem only on the left side and with 33k miles. I haven't
really worried about it that much but, now with a second...possibly more?...
instance, I'll now keep a close eye on this thread. Maybe we can find out what's happening and finally fix it.
:coolman:

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
ill pull the wheel off mine and take a look.. i just did rears on mine last summer.. but could be a pad moving in the cradle.. which is jsut anoying..

Blacksally

Established Member
Well looking in the Haynes manual (which sucks BTW for these cars) it shows a part #12 that looks like some sort of clip that goes on top and bottom of the pads. I do not have these on mine. Either the drawing is inaccurate or some moron who did a brake job before I owned it left them off.

buddha93

Established Member
You should have thin stamped metal "retainers" that hold the pads in place on the caliper. Also, the pads have a little spring like mechanism built into them on the top side that pivot on a single rivet. They need to be evenly placed under the caliper.

Blacksally

Established Member
Now we are getting somewhere. Are there two on each caliper? buddha93 do you know where I can find a schematic of this. I have a Haynes manual but I'm not sure if it is accurate. Thanks

Last edited:

Blacksally

Established Member
Well for those of you interested I think I found my problem. I have no anti rattle clips. Here is a part number for those of you who may have the same problem: E7SZ2B164A

blackvert

Established Member
I have the same proble on my 89 gt with the LSC rear disc swap... I forgot to install the clips when I put the pads on and by the time I realized it and went driving without them......there is an obnoxious clicking when i;m on the highway next to the guard wall now.:kaboom:

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Haven't got in on my rear brakes yet. One thing is obvious in my case tho, if there are morons
involved, it's :bash: Ford :loser: as my rear pads, @ 33k miles, are still original.
:coolman:

Last edited:

Blacksally

Established Member
Haven't got in on my rear brakes yet. One thing is obvious in my case tho, if there are morons
involved, it's Ford as my rear pads, @ 33k miles, are still original

Well, you may have something there because I first noticed it at 13000 miles and I'm pretty sure the pads were stock then but I changed them anyway thinking it would remedy the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread