rivian r1t vs ram trx vs raptor vs gmc syclone

blk02edge

Established Member
Hahaha, cmon man you’re better than this! You are above the fox body argument and you know it.

Both Raptor and TRX are purpose built off road trucks but that doesn’t mean because they couldn’t keep up with a clapped out VW but that’s prepped or a 2k shit box ranger with 10k worth of suspension that they are not good off road.
Lol "Raptor and trx are purpose built offroad trucks" is the funniest thing I'll read all year.

It's all relative but that's like saying a zl1 is a purpose built race car

kaz109

Established Member
Lol "Raptor and trx are purpose built offroad trucks" is the funniest thing I'll read all year
Haha…. Dude you know what it is don’t be “ that guy” . Can you do that same things you can in those trucks as you can in a limited F-150? How about a limited Ram? How about a xlt?

I knew you were trolling from the get go so it’s my fault for even quoting you originally

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
jfc, just enjoy the lighthearted video. Don't let it make you second guess your life's decisions.

The chance of seeing even a semi legit off road race are slim to none. No OEM is going to lend out one of their trucks to the press, when there is a nearly 100% chance it'll get absolutely destroyed/wrecked during the test.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Nobody around me buys trucks to haul/pull 4-wheelers (fall/early winter hunting) and snowmobiles (winter) the 100-300 miles up north. Lol.

All the battery lovers on this site seem to conveniently sidestep that issue.
A couple won't even push for test data.

The lie continues with their blessing...
Data and you are correct, towing and traveling far doesn't go well with an EV.

kaz109

Established Member
jfc, just enjoy the lighthearted video. Don't let it make you second guess your life's decisions.

The chance of seeing even a semi legit off road race are slim to none. No OEM is going to lend out one of their trucks to the press, when there is a nearly 100% chance it'll get absolutely destroyed/wrecked during the test.
I have only seen one race between the two and it was not the best condition but it was better than the pavement 0-60 crap. It was not an OEM but a guy would owns both and ran them around a trail and did time runs

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Both Raptor and TRX are purpose built off road trucks but that doesn’t mean because they couldn’t keep up with a clapped out VW but that’s prepped or a 2k shit box ranger with 10k worth of suspension that they are not good off road.

Actually, that's exactly what it means.

VW beam suspension is some of the best off road designed suspension ever created--dump the leafs and install tuned coil overs and they are hard to beat.

It's also worth noting you can blow $75k pretty quickly on building a "clapped out" vw so your go-to "fox body" argument is trash as well.

But... 14 sec quarter mile in 2022 with Ford's "performance" F150 is laughable. The way that turd sounds is just truffle on a shit cake lmaooooooooo!

kaz109

Established Member
Actually, that's exactly what it means.

VW beam suspension is some of the best off road designed suspension ever created--dump the leafs and install tuned coil overs and they are hard to beat.

It's also worth noting you can blow $75k pretty quickly on building a "clapped out" vw so your go-to "fox body" argument is trash as well.

But... 14 sec quarter mile in 2022 with Ford's "performance" F150 is laughable. The way that turd sounds is just truffle on a shit cake lmaooooooooo!
Fox body analogy went completely over your head . Please stick to your typical remedial comments about a a Raptor quarter mile time being relevant

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
My god, the auto journalist love electric. Now, do some high speed switchbacks. Two of the trucks were built for it. I'll give you one guess.

q6543

Established Member
Ummm ... most of us are in America.
ALL that matters is light to light 99% of the time.

It was an utter embarrassment. And the syclone waxxing it, cherry on top.

Alex nailed it... raptor owners are on suicide watch.
$70k cope truck.
R.I.P. the 760HP raptor R before anyone even could buy it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Fox body analogy went completely over your head . Please stick to your typical remedial comments about a a Raptor quarter mile time being relevant

Truffle butter on a shit cake.. I know you dreamt about it.

Now you own it.

Users who are viewing this thread