Road Atlanta highlights

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
wow...big turn out. it was great to see grasshopper there. i'll post up some pics tomorrow. for now, here's a highlight video of my saturday race.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6UEGesSrWw"]Toy Run Thunder 2011 - YouTube[/nomedia]

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Funny you should mention the red flags. Here is a pic of my race taken by a friend. See at the bottom? RED!!!!
IMG_0589.jpg

Here are a few more
IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Last edited:

Sirl

Established Member
Cool vid. thanks for sharing.
Looks like you have some pretty good power on the straights.

Also notice that it looks like you really take care of your car on track. Not slamming gears like some guys. Sure and steady "Click Click" is all it takes :)

~Thanks for posting.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Road Atlanta is in my back yard.
I could hear you guys running all day long, some day I will have to get my car over there.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
its easy to misshift that transmission. being dainty with the shifter is safer for sure.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
that guy had a tank slapper that reversed two or three times before he was done. if i didnt go where i did, i was going to get run over from the back. fortunately the damage was not that bad.

the conditions were almost identical to what we had at the ARRC and i got data that i can use and showed what improvement there was to be actual.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Grasshopper.... that is funny.

That track is a blast. I am definitely making a return trip there. I should have some vids to post soon. I ran HPDE3 since it was my first time there, which is a good thing. It took me 3 sessions to finally get a decent rythm going.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
sorry man. when i see your name i just think "kung fu" and here that soft voice say, "patience, grasshopper...wait before you get back to the gas".

what did you find to be the most challenging part of the course?

also, now you know the real meaning of elevation change

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Grasshopper.... that is funny.

That track is a blast. I am definitely making a return trip there. I should have some vids to post soon. I ran HPDE3 since it was my first time there, which is a good thing. It took me 3 sessions to finally get a decent rythm going.

Doug - I was right there with ya. Took me most of the day Saturday to figure out that track! It was fun hanging out with ya and we definitely have to do it again soon! I am headed back in March for TT. One of most fun, but daunting tracks I have driven.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Looks like fun. I noticed the numbers at the top of the screen half way through and was like wtf is that? Then I saw your mph lol.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Awesome stuff!! Wish I would have known this was going on I wanted to make an event at Road Atlanta all year but just never got around to it.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
in all likelyhood i will be at the nasa march event. i paddock with the racers of course, but i have a 38' trailer that creates a lot of parking space and plenty of "indoor space".

you guys are welcome to come and hang out there.

wheelhopper

Established Member
sorry man. when i see your name i just think "kung fu" and here that soft voice say, "patience, grasshopper...wait before you get back to the gas".

what did you find to be the most challenging part of the course?

also, now you know the real meaning of elevation change

No problem.

The toughest parts of the track for me was getting a consistent line with turns 3,5, and the proper entry under the bridge to line up for turn 12.

David Hester

Established Member
I've raced at Road Atlanta since 1994. Finally felt like I had learned it and THEY reconfigured. >sigh< Used to flat foot it from bridge to start finish. Now that there is a concrete wall down there, just can't help lifting before 12.
Older and wiser?????:shrug: ;-)

Chasing Rob in 2009
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0O5kSz1kWs"]ARRC 2009 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Dave, we used to do the bikes in the 80's before the chicane. Imagine going under the bridge, getting light, leaned over. Scarier than Bridghampton! :eek:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Good weekend, glad to have another event before Winter. I placed 3rd both days in TTA, setting my personal best at 1:34.6 on Sunday. Mark dropped the TTA record even further to 1:31.1 -- unreal!!!

Great to see Doug and Paul again, thanks for joining us for dinner Saturday night.

The Z06 is getting its cage this week. Comp School will be in February.

-Kevin

Sirl

Established Member
Dave, we used to do the bikes in the 80's before the chicane. Imagine going under the bridge, getting light, leaned over. Scarier than Bridghampton! :eek:

You drove Bridghampton???
Born and raised on LI. But never drove there.

Users who are viewing this thread