road noise

mrpork

Established Member
is road noise common on the 13/14 shelbys? i had mine on the road for the first time today(purchased it used with 1238 miles on her) the noise was a little to much. i know everyone is going to say get a louder exhaust. all i want to know is this common in these cars is there a different tire i can purchase to get rid of some of it.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I put the 13+ base wheels on this week, coming from my Conti Winter Contact, and wow, those GY's are freaking loud. I will plan to switch them out to Michelin's ASAP. They are very loud, glue every little stone to it (and those make a lot of noise, too)... so I guess, time to get rid of the GY's. That might be your problem...

LEXiiON

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed likely the stock GY tires.
This GT500 is the quietest Mustang I have ever owned, have you had a Mustang before?
-J

mrpork

Established Member
Yes i owned a 04 cobra but did a shit ton of mods to it so never heard the road noise. This one im keeping totally stock.
agreed likely the stock gy tires.
This gt500 is the quietest mustang i have ever owned, have you had a mustang before?
-j

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool.
I hope it's the tires then for you.
I remember mine being quiet but it's got a lot of self-inflicted noises now :)
-J

Kapy

Established Member
Yes Goodyears are loud. MPSS's will cure the road noise issue. You put these Goodyears on a normal metro city highway with concrete and they scream like crazy.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I think it's generally pretty easy to tell the difference between tire noise and something more mechanical. What kind of noise are you hearing?

GT500wantabe

Established Member
When you find out let us know. I've got noise coming from the rear too and I don't think it's the differential or tires. I have Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s.

mrpork

Established Member
i haven't really had it on the road all that long. just took it for a ride the other day(a few hundred miles) and could hear the different noise's from the different road surfaces.
Sounds like you aren't driving it hard enough.
Pedal down!

it is definitely road noise.
I think it's generally pretty easy to tell the difference between tire noise and something more mechanical. What kind of noise are you hearing?

Users who are viewing this thread