Road racing an 03 cobra in Grand-AM Pics

WHLYTNIN

Established Member
Well hello all I thought some of might be inderested in seeing a 03 cobra in road racing action here are some pics sorry about the one on the track it is a new camera and I'm still learning how to use it...

100_0089_1.jpg

100_0087_1.jpg

100_0078_1.jpg

Last edited:

NewGuy

Looks pretty nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Also looks like you have probably been doing this for a while?

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
haha, Im sure would replace anything that broke.

Sweet car none the less. What is still somewhat stock on the car?

CarpetTownCobra

Established Member
Oh HELL yes. I'm glad somebody's doing this.

I'm not too familiar with the rules in GARR...is there an online rulebook? Or, what did you do to the car to get it ready besides the obvious stuff like a cage?

predator

Established Member
Very nice!! I like to see our cars in different forms of racing. Any chance you can give us some of the specs/mods? :rockon: :beer: :beer:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Stop teasing!

Great looking ride....this is candy for the few corner carvers amongst us. We see every mod possible listed by the 1/4 milers but now you come along and tease us.....mods? Upcomming mods based on your first experience with the '03?
1. Engine mods/heating issues and fixes (hot issue on these threads)
2. brake mods...do we see cooling ducts in lieu of fogs?
3.suspension
4.body mods...who's headlight covers? whose cage? gotta fuel cell aboard?
5.future splitter or R wing thoughts?
6.tires

Thanx, the Bald one

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thank you very much for posting those pics, I have been trying to find info about that car. I was watching the grand american series a week or two ago and I thought I saw an 03, I guess it was! Any info you can give about the car would be great. Do you have any engine shots?

I guess I made a good choice for my Heatexchanger, it looks like you also have the fluidyne unit!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I've got some decent video from the Grand-Am Cup race at VIR a month or so ago. I wish I had the fire-wire connection to upload it and post it. That car had a very comanding presence on track!

03'Darin

Established Member
Doug you must not have read the directions on that new camera;-). Nice pictures though. Just enough to tease everyone.

BTW Doug......WHLYTNIN......is the crew chief on this car.

I helped direct them to some of the mods.......most of which I got the info off of this board.

KevinJKD......that is the same HE that you have. Your thread was one of them I followed to get info on the Fluidyne unit.

GeoSnake......VIR was their first race for the new car.

I'll let Doug cover everything from here.......he is the one that turns the wrenches and will tell you guys what they don't mind you knowing.;-)

Darin

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
KevinJKD......that is the same HE that you have. Your thread was one of them I followed to get info on the Fluidyne unit.

Thats awsome! I am glad I was able to contribute! Fluidyne makes a great Heatexchanger, very tall and very wide.

Thanks for sharing the info about the car, when I was watching the race I only got to see it a couple times. I would really like to know more about it. Are they still using the eaton? If so, how much boost? What brake duct kit is that? Is the hood fiberglass or carbon fiber or stock? Are the CCW wheels 17's or 18's? What kind of exhuast system? What brakes?

Basically, I guess I want to know everything about the car!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'm curious about the Eaton as well. I figured there would be quite a significant loss in performance over the course of a road race.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
California? 2004

If you are comming to California Speedway for the Grand Am race next October be sure to let us in the Calif. forum know. We will be there in droves....and make it an "Event".

Still have those same questions lingering......mainly Blower and heating issues (I now see your aftermarket HE), fuel cell....how did you fit it (trunk?) or cram it in amongst exhaust, etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread