Road & Track test of GT500

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
I'm reading my lastest issue and in the Road test summary section this is what it says about R&T testing: INTERPRETING THE NUMBERS: Factors that affect test numbers include air temperature,barometric pressure,condition of track surface, tune of car. ACCELERATION:Numbers are obtained using drop-clutch starts and lift-throttle shifts. When comparing car's performances,look for the Significant difference:0-60mph,0.3 sec.;1/4 mile , 0.5 sec. I guess they know people are gonna be like WTF they must be driving with the parking brake on :bash:

Zalec

Established Member
2007shelbytest6sn.jpg

Formula51

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Actually the C6 broke its rear end during that test
So HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:)

She sure did. That was with slicks and over 1000hp!!! We all know GM doesnt build the greatest rear ends and even the beefed up one in the Lingenfelter couldn't hold that launch. Although the rear can be made stronger because a C5 Lingenfelter Vette ran in the 9's a few years back.

I am anxious to see what the GT500 does in the hands of owners and with some minor mods like gears, CAI and tunning, oh and of course tires! I might just have to get one of these down the road, who knows.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Keep in mind, this is the same magazine that got a 13.3 out of the 03 cobra, and a 13.2 out of the C6. So relatively speaking, this car is slightly faster than both of those cars.

BetterthanU

Banned
Formula51 said:
I think we can all agree that Road and Track runs some of, if not the worst times of any magazine.

+1,000,000

MT's times are corrected, and usually the fastest/highest....with C&d usually falling somewhere in the middle.

jman345

Banned
03gobluecobra said:
Keep in mind, this is the same magazine that got a 13.3 out of the 03 cobra, and a 13.2 out of the C6. So relatively speaking, this car is slightly faster than both of those cars.

So since road&track got a 13.3 with a 03 cobra and a 13.2 with a c6 and we all know both thos cars can get in the mid 12s or lower stock then that means the shelby can get low 12s hmmm looks like i was right yet again. :rockon:

BetterthanU

Banned
yes, you're the right-estest person I know :shrug: :nonono: were you right when you said r&t ran a 13.1 at 117? :poke:

read before you write.

BetterthanU

Banned
damn, you have the ability to read what other people posted and then actually correctly regurgitate it 66% of the time. :pepper:

jman345

Banned
betterthanu what are you talking about wait must be cause your a moron and dont know any better its ok there there now. lol

BetterthanU

Banned
got anything else? That it? wanna bring back your tactic of saying I drive "rice"? :D

or you could just give it a rest.

Last edited:

jman345

Banned
BetterthanU know what day i am waiting for when MM&FF test drive the shelby cause then you know what ill be all over your ass like white on rice. lol You keep it up we will see who is right when they test drive the shelby which should be soon and then when the numbers come in you will be making up some other poor excuse please you know your wrong get used to it.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
jman345 said:
BetterthanU know what day i am waiting for when MM&FF test drive the shelby cause then you know what ill be all over your ass like white on rice. lol You keep it up we will see who is right when they test drive the shelby which should be soon and then when the numbers come in you will be making up some other poor excuse please you know your wrong get used to it.

With that, let's end the 5 page rants over a car that hasn't seen the real world yet.

You guys play nice untill one of you gets to say "I told you so".

We will all wait, untill then, let's enjoy the silence. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread