road tuning with a wideband a/f meter

paintmaster

Established Member
I'm thinking about buying a AEM wideband a/f meter/controller from RPM OUTLET... Does anyone have one or used one for road tuning to keep an eye on a/f ratios?

Also, anyone know a good tuner in the STL area ? I'm not sure if I will get the power I want tuning predator myself.:shrug:

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
The only problem with the AEM is the richest it will read is 11.0:1
When I had my rx-7 I liked it real rich at 10.8:1. I bet the cobra would run better leaner than that though. I have an fjo aswell.

BenD

Established Member
Wide Band price

I bought "Dyno Tune's" Wide Band 02 with the LCD guage for $429. I used the steering pod mount for the guage that Summit Racing offers for about $30. Setup is great. I searched around, but that was the best price I could find for a decent Wide band.

Ben

BlueOvalBill

Established Member
hpbyhermann said:
nice thing about the lm-1 is you can hit the record button and look back at the data later so you can make good tuning decisions!! And best of all we sell it for 345.00 plus s-h!!:beer:

What's involved in installing and using the lm-1 (or any other recommended wideband a/f meter)? I haven't done any power-adding mods yet. But the difference between how my car runs during the winter and the summer has me curious to find out more about what's going on with the stock tune. Would I be able to datalog both A/F and timing somehow while driving the car on the road? Are there other things I should be logging such as intake air temperatures? Thanks for any info.

mdog

Established Member
I think Steigmeier(sp?) in STL uses SCT tuning. They also port blowers, tb's, and plenums, etc.... I think they have a post going here on the board as well.
Here's their number 636-949-2275.

Last edited:

ralphy1798

Established Member
my vote is for the LM-1 Wideband. James at RWTD and I tuned my Lightning with it, unfortunately i lost the sensor and a cable in an accident and ordered replacement parts to hook it up again in my Cobra!!! I should be getting the bung welded in tomorrow!

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
I just picked up a Dynojet Wideband Commander, along with a Speed of Sound pillar pod and Autometer boost gauge. I bought the wideband from fordpartsnetwork.com -- ordered on Sunday, it was shipped Monday, and I was given a tracking number as soon as it shipped. $450 shipped, which is the best price I've seen.

Dave

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Do you need to weld in another bung for these units, or do they piggy-back the stock o2 sensors?

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Usually a seperate bung should be welded in unless you want to just temporarily install the wideband 02 to check the a/f ratio, like on a dyno. I am going to pull off my h-pipe tomorrow and bring it to ashop to have a bung welded on. Plan to put it on the driver's side near the top where it meets the header. I have heard that that side tends to run the hottest.

Users who are viewing this thread