Rocker Panels & Bendpak Quick Jack

imeyers302

Established Member
Personally I don't lift mine on the pinch welds, I think it is bad ju-ju on a unibody car... In the pic I posted mine is not on the pinch welds. YMMV, my .02, etc, etc....

Hence my argument why that pinch weld adapter thing is completely unnecessary.

There is zero damage from lifting at the pitch welds if done properly. I have been using the jackstands pictured below on my 2014 up until I got the Quickjack and there is no damage to the pinch welds.

20mb image hosting

MKMotorsport

Established Member
There is zero damage from lifting at the pitch welds if done properly. I have been using the jackstands pictured below on my 2014 up until I got the Quickjack and there is no damage to the pinch welds.

]

I don't think this will ever be settled and there is probably no "perfect" answer....

Pump up jacks have a rotational component (arc) they swing through when they lift. The quickjack as well as traditional post lifts, do not, they lift linearly.

I've had buddies that have owned shops before and have had regular access to lifts in the past, so this is not the first lift I've used or played with. I'm simply relaying from personal experience. I also own a very similar car (the fox-body) which I've owned since 1995. As a perpetual project car, it has spent years! on various jackstands and lifts, and is currently parked as a semi permanent jackstand ornament :D It aligns perfectly, drives straight as an arrow, and all the body panels line up even after all these years, so I'll probably just keep doing what I'm doing.

Always open to suggestion, and review of what I'm doing, as that is why I'm on the various auto and truck forums I am. Would be interested to see yours on the quickjack + adapters you posted earlier if you go that route.

Happy jacking :pepper:

imeyers302

Established Member
I don't think this will ever be settled and there is probably no "perfect" answer....

Pump up jacks have a rotational component (arc) they swing through when they lift. The quickjack as well as traditional post lifts, do not, they lift linearly.

I've had buddies that have owned shops before and have had regular access to lifts in the past, so this is not the first lift I've used or played with. I'm simply relaying from personal experience. I also own a very similar car (the fox-body) which I've owned since 1995. As a perpetual project car, it has spent years! on various jackstands and lifts, and is currently parked as a semi permanent jackstand ornament :D It aligns perfectly, drives straight as an arrow, and all the body panels line up even after all these years, so I'll probably just keep doing what I'm doing.

Always open to suggestion, and review of what I'm doing, as that is why I'm on the various auto and truck forums I am. Would be interested to see yours on the quickjack + adapters you posted earlier if you go that route.

Happy jacking :pepper:

Have the adapters already and should have the solid blocks tomorrow. Will post pics. I am sure either way is just fine. More a matter of preference than right or wrong if both are done properly. Either way I love the quickjack. Best investment I have made for my garage.

Users who are viewing this thread