Rod an piston??s

whislincobra99

Established Member
I'm looking into mmr billet aluminum rods or Oliver rods an pistons I'm looking at Manley an CP pistons anyone running any of these or want to give there a 2 cents? Also what's the best compression for Kenne bell blower car?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I wouldn't get MMR's Billet pieces.. It's waaay overkill. A nice Billet I beam rod like, Manley, Carrilo, or Oliver has been tested to beyond 1500rwhp and held up just fine.. As for pistons my personal choice is Diamond.. You can find my build thread.. Pretty much the piston and rod combo is what I'd recommend for you..

Ironhand

Banned
I wouldn't get MMR's Billet pieces.. It's waaay overkill. A nice Billet I beam rod like, Manley, Carrilo, or Oliver has been tested to beyond 1500rwhp and held up just fine.. As for pistons my personal choice is Diamond.. You can find my build thread.. Pretty much the piston and rod combo is what I'd recommend for you..

Diamond here as well.

Depending on power levels, a Manley H beam rod with ARP 2000 bolts will be just fine.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I agree with these guys.

ARP 2000 rod bolts in the factory Manley rod is a very stout unit.

Accidental over revs is usually what will kill a rod. RPM more so than power level, yet power level is how rods are commonly selected.

The usual failure mode is when pulling the piston down from top dead center at very high RPM, that's where the better bolts can help.

moot09

Established Member
Another here with Diamonds. Very happy with the quality from them.

As Jimmy said, ARP bolts should be installed throughout the internal part of the motor.

04cobrawhine

Established Member
if this car is ment to be drivin on the street, do not get an aluminum rod. i dont care what anyone says, and aluminum rod motor is a drag race only motor!!!! I.E. running less then a couple hours a year.

Users who are viewing this thread