rod bolt question

SteedaX47

Established Member
So I've tried the search and couldnt really come up with any answers to this :/ I heard from a couple members and from car craft that when you change rod bolts you need to do a machining process to adjust or something? Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks in advance for any info
-Nate

CJK440

Established Member
On the old style bolt and nut configuration, the bolt pressed into the rod. Technically, this press fit could distort the bearing bore so they should be resized.

But on a cap screw configuration there is no press fit.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Helomech74

Established Member
I believe the reason comes from people swapping in ARP2000 rod bolts which have a higher torque load. This higher torque can distort the big end of the rod which will require machine work to make it true again.

SteedaX47

Established Member
On the old style bolt and nut configuration, the bolt pressed into the rod. Technically, this press fit could distort the bearing bore so they should be resized.

But on a cap screw configuration there is no press fit.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

I believe the reason comes from people swapping in ARP2000 rod bolts which have a higher torque load. This higher torque can distort the big end of the rod which will require machine work to make it true again.

Thank you both very much for the responses.

Cjk: I was thinking along those same lines. Since my rod bolts aren't press fit I decided to say eff it and just used the 2000s.

Helo, also thanks for the response man!

Users who are viewing this thread