Rods and Pistons

Vigilante

Established Member
I searched and couldn't find it, but could anyone point me to the link where the mmr 900 rods and pistons are $779?

I plan on going turbo in the future, and I bought the car with bad internals so I figured why not prepare for the future? The parts I have collected so far are:

Complete top end gasket kit from Tousley Ford
Smog/EGR elimination cap offs

So I just need the internals correct? After these get installed I should be set right? I have about 1k to spend so I hope this is it anyway. Cheers!:beer:

EDIT: As for IMRCs, what would be the best way of getting rid of them? Zip tie them open, take the butterflies off, epoxy the holes, etc. Its been two years of saving since I've looked into this and I've forgotten it all.

Last edited:

97 Nightmare

Established Member
I would also do main studs and head studs. New oil and water pumps as well. Also would be the best time for new valve stem seals and getting the heads checked over.

If you have to take the motor out, just remove the imrc module. I have some plates already butterfly deleted if you are interested pm me.

Cory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vigilante

Established Member
go to MMRs website.

Remove the butterfly valves or reomve the rods and epoxy the holes.

I tried, they must not sell the mmr900 pistons anymore because all they have is the mmr900 rods. While it's out , I'll take off the butterflies.

I would also do main studs and head studs. New oil and water pumps as well. Also would be the best time for new valve stem seals and getting the heads checked over.

If you have to take the motor out, just remove the imrc module. I have some plates already butterfly deleted if you are interested pm me.

Cory

Are those the long bolts that are $8/piece? If so I have those already. As for the new water and oil pump I doubt I will have enough since I can't even add the manual rack and pinion or battery relocation kit like I wanted.

Pistons:
Manley Performance - Niche Market - Ford
$???

Rods:
Products » Modular Engine Components » MMR » PN# 400230 4340 Forged H-beam rod for 4.6, good up to 900HP
$379.99

Battery relocation kit:
Upr Mustang Battery Rear Mount Relocation Box at LRS - Free Shipping!
$129.99

Manual Rack/Pinion:
1994-04 Mustang Manual Rack & Pinion Installation Kit with Adapter - Quick Ratio - FR1892Q - Manual Rack & Pinion - 1994-04 Mustang Rack & Pinion Installation Kit
$641.48(I remember MM&FF did an article on this part and it was like $160)

EDIT: So what the hell happened with car part prices? They have at least quadrupled in the past three years since I bought the car. MMR has the complete mmr900 rotating assembly for $1949.99, but I don't need a crankshaft so there is no point in buying the whole thing.

EDIT 2: Found the thread a while ago, just now updating for the archive: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...total-seal-rings-specials-starting-779-a.html

Last edited:

97 Nightmare

Established Member
I don't think we are talking about the same bolts.

Modulars are expensive. Mine will be my last one. Lol

Cory

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Not even with future plans for turbo?

Cory

stock head and main bolts are good for a lotta power, hell the 03/04 cobras have made 800rwhp without a bolt failure. All the shops recommend studs because they are easier to install and they make money by selling them.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
EDIT: As for IMRCs, what would be the best way of getting rid of them? Zip tie them open, take the butterflies off, epoxy the holes, etc. Its been two years of saving since I've looked into this and I've forgotten it all.

I have a set of composite IMRCs that have been made into deletes (same ones MMR used as a template to make theirs), you can have them for $135 shipped and they come with new lower gaskets.

Vigilante

Established Member
I have a set of composite IMRCs that have been made into deletes (same ones MMR used as a template to make theirs), you can have them for $135 shipped and they come with new lower gaskets.

It's looking pretty grim to just get the internals, I think I am gonna have to wait a little longer... which sucks.

97 Nightmare

Established Member
stock head and main bolts are good for a lotta power, hell the 03/04 cobras have made 800rwhp without a bolt failure. All the shops recommend studs because they are easier to install and they make money by selling them.

Makes sense.

Cory

Users who are viewing this thread