rofl, I just got challenged to a race

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
By some dude at work. Unfortunately, it'll be anticlimactic, because he drives a bone stock Acura RSX. And I mean stock, right down to the dealer's license plate frame. His only mod is a Vanillaroma magic tree air freshener.

His rationale is that he car is faster than his sister's 2003 (V6, automatic) Mustang, and that a GT can't be that much faster since "it only has like 20 more horsepower" (I have no idea where he's getting this info). When I told him I had a Cobra, he informed me that the Cobra is "just an appearance package". He said the Mach 1 is also an appearance package. :rollseyes

Anyway, he's reminded me around 20 times that his RSX is a "Type S" with a "6-speed" (like it's the only car ever to have one) and that it's VERY fast. I think I'll try to get him to race for $500 so I can pay for some more mods.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Since he thinks the Cobra is just an appearance package, it would be unfair to race him for $500 or any amount of money. I think you need to show him the stock specs of your car then allow him to make an educated decision. My favorite article is the Car & Driver review of the 03 Cobra:

http://www.james-mcdonald.net/03Cobrareview.html

Send that link to him. Then fill him in about how much HP the car can handle, and what chips and pulleys can do. Then he will probably resort to the ricer "MY CAR WILL BEAT YOU IN THE TWISTIES!!!!" Which also is not true.

dougwg

Established Member
Dude... he has a "Vanillaroma magic tree air freshener"!!!! you don't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating him :lol:

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
I like the $500 idea... Teach him not to mess with American Iron... (although it might be intesting around the water cooler at work after you walk over him and take his money...)

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
Since he thinks the Cobra is just an appearance package, it would be unfair to race him for $500 or any amount of money. I think you need to show him the stock specs of your car then allow him to make an educated decision. My favorite article is the Car & Driver review of the 03 Cobra:

Send that link to him. Then fill him in about how much HP the car can handle, and what chips and pulleys can do. Then he will probably resort to the ricer "MY CAR WILL BEAT YOU IN THE TWISTIES!!!!" Which also is not true.

Hey, thanks for that link, I think I am going to go home and print it out and frame it for the garage... (serious, I saved it...)

stvdman

Established Member
DONT TELL HIM A THING other than he'll be crying after you whoop that little things Butt. Sometimes it better to let people learn the "hard-way".

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Then he will probably resort to the ricer "MY CAR WILL BEAT YOU IN THE TWISTIES!!!!" Which also is not true.
Even if it could, it wouldn't be with him driving it. I've ridden in the car before (with him driving it) and he sits up like he's trying to peer over the hood at the ground 2' away from the front bumper. I asked, "What are you doing?" and he replied, "What do you mean? I'm driving."

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Oh my gawd, this is such a great thread! I can't wait to hear what happens and his reactions. If it weren't for his attitude about it, it would almost not even be worth the gas to race him...but he MADE it worth your time to crush him. REPORT BACK once the deed is done.

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
You've got to get this on video! And then every time he opens his mouth about "my car this" and "My car that" just circulate the video around the office.

Worked for me.

TRBO VNM

anyone who challenges someone without doing their research first deserves what is coming to him. Think you can get more than $500 out of him? make his ass eat his words...what a dipshit!

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
...My favorite article is the Car & Driver review of the 03 Cobra:

Send that link to him....

It cracks me up that in that article they say one of the "Lows" of the car is the supercharger whine. :lol: That is one of the things I love MOST about this car!

As stated above, smoke this guy and get this on video. Do it for us! :D

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
I doubt he'll run for that much, too much of a noob. Bet him $20 or $50 max and beat him by a nose. Every run should cost him and every run should only be won by a nose. Then he'll start modding, you can tell him you did more, then repeat. I wish I ran into suckers like that..

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
Race him for "slips" and when you win give his car to your mother.... :-D

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by stvdman
DONT TELL HIM A THING other than he'll be crying after you whoop that little things Butt. Sometimes it better to let people learn the "hard-way".

Originally posted by dscraggs
Just rape him and take his money, teach him a leason, not to mess with American Muscle.

Originally posted by jcayer
"DO IT", I said "DO IT"!!

Originally posted by 03Redfiresnk
anyone who challenges someone without doing their research first deserves what is coming to him. Think you can get more than $500 out of him? make his ass eat his words...what a dipshit!

Teach him his lesson the hard way. It's the best way. I tried to explain to my friend with the M3 for months that he didn't have a prayer. I gave him specs, I explained the weight and horsepower differences. He still thought he would win.

The last thing he said to me before we ran was "We have to go from a stop ok?"

I said, "Sure, you want it all, or just 75%?"

He gave up by 70mph already having 2 cars put on him by that point. I barely got into third gear...

Afterwards he said, "Man, I just had no chance once you hit second gear!"

Some people just have to be shown.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Hah! This is funny...

Me: "So, when we racing?"
Him: "I don't care. Whenever, but you're stupid to race a Type S"
Me: "That's ok. So... how much we racing for?"
Him: "What?"
Me: "How... much... are... we... racing... for?"
Him: "You mean like money?"
Me: "Yeah, just like money"
Him: "Why would you want to race for money?"
Me: "Why not? You seem confident you'll win"
Him: <blank stare>
Me: "Well?"
Him: "I'll have to think about that"

And he left my office. Heh, I hope he doesn't back out. I think I have a freind willing to lend me a digital camcorder. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread