Roger Waters fans inside please...

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I'm a huge Roger Waters fan, as well as Pink Floyd of course. I also have a huge appreciation for guitarists and this song is one of the BEST on his "solo" albums. Can you guess who's ripping on that guitar without looking it up?...

Edit: I suck at embedding. :-(

[youtube_browser]MheMn-AUvQA[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
no idea but I do love roger waters. he still knows how to rock a show too, I saw him at fenway park last summer, amazing show. im still almost in disbelief that I actually got to witness roger waters perform The Wall, ive been listening to that CD since I was probably 10 years old, and at that point the album was already 20 years old. I never ever thought id actually get to see it live.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure sounds like Knopfler. It's a bummer the guys are on the outs (Pink Floyd). I saw them twice. Once in Houston back in '93 I think it was and once in Seattle in '87 I think it was. Best show I have ever seen. Even with the Houston show being cut short by a thunderstorm and downpour, it was far above anything else. Roger Waters is a great storyteller and Davis Gilmour can pull straight emotion out of a guitar.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
no idea but I do love roger waters. he still knows how to rock a show too, I saw him at fenway park last summer, amazing show. im still almost in disbelief that I actually got to witness roger waters perform The Wall, ive been listening to that CD since I was probably 10 years old, and at that point the album was already 20 years old. I never ever thought id actually get to see it live.

I hope to see him before he "retires". I've been listening to The Wall since '93 and I have been through literally 6-7 copies of it. I lucked up on a copy of Live In Berlin about 12 years ago and I love hearing the crowd go nuts. :rockon:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I hope to see him before he "retires". I've been listening to The Wall since '93 and I have been through literally 6-7 copies of it. I lucked up on a copy of Live In Berlin about 12 years ago and I love hearing the crowd go nuts. :rockon:

Im going to try to catch him at least one or two more times. Next time hes anywhere in new england im going. I hope to maybe see david too, even though roger is the brains behind almost all their best stuff I think the band would be nothing without davids vocals. "on the turning away" is my favorite Floyd song, and its a david song obviously, makes me wonder what else he could have come up over the years if rogers didn't pretty much take all the creative control into his own hands.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I was 11 years old when my dad introduced me to Pink Floyd as another way to connect with me before he died. In the year between then and his death I fell in love with Pink Floyd. My uncle, his brother introduced me to Roger Waters solo stuff a few years later and I've been hooked ever since. I turned my grandmother on to Pink Floyd and she asked me to play "Us & Them: The Symphonic Pink Floyd Album" at her visitation when she died. For me, it's more than music, it's my musical memories. I can listen to Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, David Gilmour and just float mentally. Listening to their music with some good headphones is better than any drug.

Anyway, thanks for the chat and feedback. The guitarist is....

Eric Clapton. Yes, THE Eric Clapton. :rockon:

GTpower01

Established Member
Went and saw the Wall in concert four years in a role!!!! Never gets old!!! He puts on a fantastic show!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Saw The Wall with my wife, father inlaw and brother inlaw last year... I found it very hypocritical that the message is so heavily anti-capitalism when they are charging $150+ a seat to watch the show. Great show, but I just could not stop laughing to myself about that.

Last edited:

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Edit: just saw where you posted who it was.. I was going to guess srv but wasn't sure of the timeline of it all. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
That's interesting. I usually don't like Clapton's sound. I know, sacrilege. There are only a few Clapton tunes I like, Blues Power, for instance. But it is one of my all-time favorite tunes. And Key To The Highway, another one of my all-time favorite tunes. Gonna have to play it right now, in fact, now that I'm thinking about it.

I was 11 years old when my dad introduced me to Pink Floyd as another way to connect with me before he died. In the year between then and his death I fell in love with Pink Floyd. My uncle, his brother introduced me to Roger Waters solo stuff a few years later and I've been hooked ever since. I turned my grandmother on to Pink Floyd and she asked me to play "Us & Them: The Symphonic Pink Floyd Album" at her visitation when she died. For me, it's more than music, it's my musical memories. I can listen to Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, David Gilmour and just float mentally. Listening to their music with some good headphones is better than any drug.

Anyway, thanks for the chat and feedback. The guitarist is....

Eric Clapton. Yes, THE Eric Clapton. :rockon:

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
That's interesting. I usually don't like Clapton's sound. I know, sacrilege. There are only a few Clapton tunes I like, Blues Power, for instance. But it is one of my all-time favorite tunes. And Key To The Highway, another one of my all-time favorite tunes. Gonna have to play it right now, in fact, now that I'm thinking about it.

Shrug. Different strokes and all that. My wife doesn't like classic rock at all. She listens to modern pop.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Great contribution by Clapton. I've all but worn out my Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking CD. It's a little outside the mainstream but a must have if you're into Roger Waters. Better yet is Radio KAOS.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
To me Pink Floyd is hands down the best classic rock band. They were one of the most popular but I feel with their sound and how much influence it's carried over the years that they were a better band than any other. They get the respect but I feel even then they are still underrated usually. Everyone always runs to the Beatles or Led Zeplain first.

Shoeman 1

Established Member
Ole Slow Hand sounds a lot like David Gilmore (kinda like the old Floyd). I had the chance to see Pink Floyd Live in 1977 at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Best Damn Show I've ever seen. I've seen a few in my time, with 90,000 plus STONED attending what a party it was. They opened with the entire Animals album complete with the Floating Animals. They took a break then did the entire Wish You Were Here album with animation. The encore was Us & Them and Money off of Dark Side of the Moon.

Users who are viewing this thread