Rolex 24 at Daytona : Jan. 30-31st 2010

THE_STIG

Established Member
Who is looking forward to it? What are your predictions? Who is your favorite team/driver? Anyone actually going to the race? What are you guys feeling about this up coming Grand-Am season? What are your thoughts with the addition of BMW engines in the DP class and BMW cars in the GT class. What about no one running Pontiac engines in DP.

I ****ing stoked to watch it. I am hoping that the green machine (Krohn) or Micheal Shank racing come away with a win or atleast a pole position. I think Brumos and Bob Stallings Racing will once again lead the points this year but I have no idea about this race. Maybe Ganassi Racing will do it again, they always place very well but they aren't using a Lexus engine any more, they are running with BMW. Also, how about Stevenson Motorsports dropping the GXP and running a new Camaro GT.R?

Like I said, I'm ****ing stoked, someone talk to me so I will be entertained for the next few days.

Last edited:

moot09

Established Member
Hell ya! I had tickets to go down there but unfortanatly couldnt:( Def looking forward to seeing how the new camaros do, IMO I think theyll suck....Just didnt look very balanced as a track car?
Favorite team (ik im gonna get shit for this) but dempsey racing. He loves driving and racing and also raced in 24 hours of lemans and did fairly well.
But i think genassi will come out on top. They have Dario as one of their drivers and he hands down kicks ass behind the wheel of a racecar.
For the gt class not really sure...

Last edited:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I made a thread a couple days ago about this. I got my pit passes and am actually flying out there to go. We rented an RV and will be up partying for the whole thing.

moot09

Established Member
I made a thread a couple days ago about this. I got my pit passes and am actually flying out there to go. We rented an RV and will be up partying for the whole thing.

The track is only about 30 minutes from me. Ill go after 6 pm when the tickets are $10

I HATE BOTH OF YOU!!

jk:beer: enjoy the race guys. Going and seeing the races are sooo much more intense (for me at least) than watching it on tv..Im the one yelling and screaming to see a pass lol

THE_STIG

Established Member
Hell ya! I had tickets to go down there but unfortanatly couldnt:( Def looking forward to seeing how the new camaros do, IMO I think theyll suck....Just didnt look very balanced as a track car?
Favorite team (ik im gonna get shit for this) but dempsey racing. He loves driving and racing and also raced in 24 hours of lemans and did fairly well.
But i think genassi will come out on top. They have Dario as one of their drivers and he hands down kicks ass behind the wheel of a racecar.
For the gt class not really sure...

I met Dempsey at one of the races last year, he is a really cool down to earth guy. Genassi always does really well here, they have such a stacked set of drivers in both cars. I still like Jonsson and Zonta in the 76 Krohn car. I wish MS Racing had some more stand-out drivers, they are always in the middle of the pack which sucks, they always have a great car but never any drivers.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
jk:beer: enjoy the race guys. Going and seeing the races are sooo much more intense (for me at least) than watching it on tv..Im the one yelling and screaming to see a pass lol

I was by the start/finish line when they had the restarts, man thats ***ing loud!!!!

I had tons of fun :rockon:

moot09

Established Member
I met Dempsey at one of the races last year, he is a really cool down to earth guy. Genassi always does really well here, they have such a stacked set of drivers in both cars. I still like Jonsson and Zonta in the 76 Krohn car. I wish MS Racing had some more stand-out drivers, they are always in the middle of the pack which sucks, they always have a great car but never any drivers.

Thats what I thought hed be like. Seems like really cool guy. Almost met dario and ashley judd at infineon but missed my chance by like 10 seconds lol
I usually like watching the little guys (smaller race teams) but darios been my favorite driver in indy for a while and its kinda an obligation lol
Jonssons a pretty good driver, anytime i watch the rolex series theyre usually doing pretty good. Leh keen still races for mazda doesnt he? Ive seen some videos of him and hes an amazing driver. Just not in the spotlight very much.

Bets? anyone lol

I was by the start/finish line when they had the restarts, man thats ***ing loud!!!!

I had tons of fun :rockon:
Ya man I hear ya. I was at an Indy race at Infineon last fall, and everyone wanted those ear muffs, of course i said no lol ears rang for a while but the sound is worth it!

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Ya man I hear ya. I was at an Indy race at Infineon last fall, and everyone wanted those ear muffs, of course i said no lol ears rang for a while but the sound is worth it!

The sound is defanetly worth it :D

I think Ganassi will win it again this year

colin450

Established Member
I don't really follow the race, but I know Jimmie Johnson is racing this year. I'd say whichever team that is will probably win.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
IIRC it has a Lowes/Suntrust sponsoring on the car, he was racing last year too. JPM and the Ganassi team will be tough team to beat.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I'm working for Rehagen Racing in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series, so I will be there Thursday and Friday. Our race is on Friday at 1:45. If any of you get out there early stop on by our garage and say hi. I'd be more than happy to so you the Mustangs we run.

I'm sticking around the rest of the weekend to watch the Rolex race as well. That is unless I can talk some of the Rolex guys into letting me help out in the pits ;)

BTW, here is the official schedule for the weekend.
http://www.grand-am.com/assets/2010Rolex24OfficialSched2.pdf

03'Darin

Established Member
I don't really follow DP or GT so I can't give any opinion on that. But the GS class should be incredibly exciting this year with the new Camaro, BMW, Mustang (with the Coyote 5.0), Subaru and Audi along with all of the "old" models still running also.

Myself and another board member work for two of the Mustang teams. Tom does a great job of keeping people up to date in this thread for anyone that's interested.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/open-track-racing-203/468780-mustang-racing.html

Tom's team (Rehagen Racing) took first in the championship last year and our team (JBS Motorsports) took second. It was our second year in a row that we missed the championship by just a couple of points.

Rehagen will be running last years model of Mustang and we'll be running the new 2010 car with the new production 5.0 motor. I'm anxious to see how the new motor stacks up to the rest of the competition.

Darin

03'Darin

Established Member
I'm working for Rehagen Racing in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series, so I will be there Thursday and Friday. Our race is on Friday at 1:45. If any of you get out there early stop on by our garage and say hi. I'd be more than happy to so you the Mustangs we run.

I'm sticking around the rest of the weekend to watch the Rolex race as well. That is unless I can talk some of the Rolex guys into letting me help out in the pits ;)

BTW, here is the official schedule for the weekend.
http://www.grand-am.com/assets/2010Rolex24OfficialSched2.pdf

Damn!! Beat me again!! lol

THE_STIG

Established Member
This whole race should be great. I am going up to visit my girlfriend this weekend, I have a feeling I will be blowing her off to watch the race...

Users who are viewing this thread