Roll Bar Help-------->inside

SHALOM96

SVT POSTER
Established Member
Hey guy’s aim in the market for a roll bar I need to find one that is reasonable cheap and the lightest as it can get. if it comes down to it I rather take the lightest that I can get more than the price. so some help would be very appreciated. and please people post pic of your set up's I aim looking for a 6 point I guess. because the car will be going no more than 10's so guys come along with the post I need this info ASAP!!!!

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
The absolute lightest your going to get is a custom Crommolly setup, should be between 800-1200 depending on how much custom work will be needed and how long it takes, and of course the price of the material when you buy it.

Personally, I am going this route, but i dont want the car to wait 4 months at the shop. i am gonna wait until 2 or 3 more cars make it out of the shop before i put mine in for the roll bar.

SHALOM96

SVT POSTER
Established Member
I called up s&w race cars yesterday they have a chrome molly set up for our cars 96-04 that weights 60pounds and is only $349 with swing out doors. vs: the mild steel one weights 95pounds and is only $149.i think aim going with them and there chrome molly set up.

SHALOM96

SVT POSTER
Established Member
Hey bro win is the next time that you are going to Bradenton motor sports park the track.because aim going this Thursday to run my car hopefully to go low 11’s on just motor.then somewhere in the 10’s with nitrous but I don’t know because I have been having problems with me clutch so we will see.

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
That is a good price for the "kit" but remember that 99.99% of the time those "kits" will still require some custom fabrication to get it right... IMHO its better to start from scratch and have someone reputable build you a custom cage....install is gonna run around $500 maybe more maybe less and install doesnt matter which way you go... thats why i am going with the custom built, that way i know it will fit right the first time...

I plan on going to BMP thursday the 14th and saturday morning the 16th....

Last edited:

SHALOM96

SVT POSTER
Established Member
Hey bro what your real name so I can meet you up there plus if you have a cell number were I can reach you at pm it to me.

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
Jason

813-918-0944

When you pull into BMP, i usually park my truck next to the concession up against the fence between the seating and the 1/8th mile marker....i ususally park my car next to the fence by the entrance road.

Last edited:

SHALOM96

SVT POSTER
Established Member
Hey man what time are you going to get there because, I will be there right as it opens you can look for my car too. it is a 96 laser red cobra with centerline convo pro's on with a nmra banner on the windshield my name is shalom and my cell is (941)626-1153.

John@Dynospeed

Established Member
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

mwolf

Established Member
2nd the opinion about the kits. Our shop gets several requests a years to install a RB kit, and it is almost as much effort as doing the complete job.

If you go with 'moly, remember that it needs to be TIG welded.

blwn327

Established Member
I had a custom one built from chromoly...super light and ran about $950 and was money well spent. I have seen other "kits" that don't fit near as well and are much more difficult to get in/out of. It took the shop about 4 days.

duane v

Established Member
I have a chromoly Hans RaceCraft cage and it weighs 47 lbs, Great unit and it fit nice...btw its 6 pt...DA snake boy!!!!
027_00a_medium.jpg

022_4a_medium.jpg

026_0a_medium.jpg

Speed Demon

Established Member
I have the S&W mild steel 8 point in my 85 gt fit perfect, all I had to do was hold the bars in place and weld.The bars came already notched and ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread