Roll Cage

Brandonscarinfo

Established Member
Eventually hope to be in the mid 9 second range... so I think a roll cage is in order. I've seen a lot of bad crashes while working, heard of some, and most recently on Street Outlaws. The cages in most of these cars saved some people their lives. I may not race hardcore or anything yet, but I figure why not make my daily safe now and be able to track it in the future.

I want a roll cage that still retains the rear seating...as well as has swinging side door, etc.

I'm not going to put a price on my safety or my passenger's safety...but I'd like to keep it reasonable, but I'm open to hear what is out there.

Hoping to be able to purchase today or tomorrow and would love to save some money on a black friday deal or something.

So what do you all recommend? I have a 2007 GT500 coupe.

b_turbo454

Established Member
maximum motorsports offers their own line of roll bars. They seem to have the best fitment and offer removable door bars/harness bars. But you will need to cut the rear inner plastic panels in getting them to fit. Also states does not meet NHRA specs with a removable harness brace.

I have had a few Autopower bars and have always had to do a little work in getting them to fit the way I wanted. On my 03 cobra I just left the rear plastic quarters out. Luckily I've never ended up needing it but they served their purpose on open track days.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Eventually hope to be in the mid 9 second range... so I think a roll cage is in order. I've seen a lot of bad crashes while working, heard of some, and most recently on Street Outlaws. The cages in most of these cars saved some people their lives. I may not race hardcore or anything yet, but I figure why not make my daily safe now and be able to track it in the future.

I want a roll cage that still retains the rear seating...as well as has swinging side door, etc.

I'm not going to put a price on my safety or my passenger's safety...but I'd like to keep it reasonable, but I'm open to hear what is out there.

Hoping to be able to purchase today or tomorrow and would love to save some money on a black friday deal or something.

So what do you all recommend? I have a 2007 GT500 coupe.

Once you have a NHRA legal harness bar, nobody should sit in the back seat.

TheBlackPearl07

Established Member
^^^^ +1

Wolfe racecraft makes a nice roll cage for the s197. You can get swing out door bars but I don't think you can get a removable harness bar.

Users who are viewing this thread