roll cage

lockman

Established Member
so I've been looking around where is the best place to get a roll cage. I want a chrome molly in black and does it have to be welded in or can it be bolted in I'll mostly be at MIR. and I want the door bars to beable to swing out. thank you very much

Derek5774

Established Member
thank you very much

I have the RPM 6 point roll bar with removable door bars,
it's a great cage, and the hydro dip looks bad a**

:coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman:

Derek5774

Established Member
Those who have the rpm roll bars. Are they easy to install for the home mechanics?

I had a shop install my RPM roll bar, it's not an easy task
took the shop 10-12 hours but they got it done

even after a lot of interior is removed, the cage slides in a certain way

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
You can do it in your garage no problem......does not take any special tools or skills....just time and a second set of hands to help.......by the time you get MM bar welded up by a shop and two trips to the powder coater you might as well get the RPM bar from Van fully welded up, coated and ready to bolt in delivered to your door......not sure when the race is but RPM is about 6 weeks out so let Van know when you need the bar by and he can work with Rob to have it shipped in time.

Last edited:

cobraboss

Established Member
so I've been looking around where is the best place to get a roll cage. I want a chrome molly in black and does it have to be welded in or can it be bolted in I'll mostly be at MIR. and I want the door bars to beable to swing out. thank you very much

lockman, there is a gentleman up here, just west of Richmond that custom makes them. He builds a lot of cages for road racers and sure he can do yours. Give me a pm if interested.

MustangGT500

Established Member
I had a shop install my RPM roll bar, it's not an easy task
took the shop 10-12 hours but they got it done

even after a lot of interior is removed, the cage slides in a certain way

More than 100% correct. I was appalled by the RPM product after purchased. Lees than perfect fit, ZERO Customer support. I would recommend a custom fit or someone else other than RPM.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
The Autopower bar does not appear to be NHRA legal if you are looking to go drag racing…..you can't have a bar that bolts together…..there design must not fit in the car in one piece…otherwise the main hoop support bars would come welded instead of bolt together…..

Users who are viewing this thread