roll cagers inside...

cthunder

Established Member
as I become increasingly sloser and closer to the start up of my rebuilt truck, I realize that I most undoubtedly will need a roll cage. witha JLP stage 3 block and topped with a KB 2.6H. I plan on running 17-20 psi for the street, but I am curious on where else have you gotten your roll cages done? there is a place up in PA that does the cage for 200 bucks, far cheaper than what JJ at WMS charges (yeah yeah I know the kit doesnt include a rear glass, but I've been toying the whole lexan idea). heres the website: http://web.inetba.com/autoweld/rbc.ivnu

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Dude. You cant get the materials for that. Your gonna typically pay somewhere in the range of $1,500-$2,500 for a decent 6 pont roll bar.

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
A little piece of advice, take it for what it's worth. Don't skimp on the cage. EVERYONE looks at a cage when you get it installed. Everyone wants to see it and see how good a job they did installing it. If it looks like shit, then you're not going to be happy. I put a Wolfe Racecraft 10-pt cage in my car and had it professionally installed. I couldn't be happier with the outcome because all of the welds are perfect, tight and seamless. Everytime someone wants to see it, I show it off with pride. I spent $850 on the cage itself (got it at cost) and $1200 to get it installed. Lots of money but well worth it. Do yourself a favor and get it done right....

cthunder

Established Member
Dude. You cant get the materials for that. Your gonna typically pay somewhere in the range of $1,500-$2,500 for a decent 6 pont roll bar.

that's what I figured... I thought it was way too good to be true.

The cage would need to be done by someone who is certified in doing it? NHRA cert?

no, but you need to make sure that they know the codes for the NHRA, and ultimately, they'll be inspected and certified by the NHRA.
http://www.nhra.com/contacts/tech_faq.html

ecoastkid

Established Member
They dont even spell lightning right...lol

"2000 FORD LIGHTENING"

They are only 1 1/2 hours from me...I might have to cruise out there to see the operation...Maybe they do good work...I'd like to see some examples up close...

They just seem ridiculouslly cheap...makes my BS meter start to jump around.

Last edited:

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Well, that makes sense about the cage building.. I never read too much into that.

I always assumed you had to have a cage built by someone who is NHRA certified/Licensed to do so.

low12lightning

Established Member
You will need 1 3/4'' .120 wall seamless tubing to meet most cage rules. Some will let you run a slightly thicker wall HREW tubing if you want to be incredibly cheap. Any one who would build a roll cage for $200 is someone i would not trust to change my oil. Your looking at about 2 bucks a foot for seemless and you will be into 60 feet give or take to do a 6 point with a mainhoop single diaganal. So they built your cage for $80.00. The $2000 dollar qoute is alittle high for a basic 6 point cage. I built cages at a decently known shop in PA and most 6 points went for the $1200-$1500 for non chromo seemless. Miged on the lower range, Tiged on the higher.

Users who are viewing this thread