Roll racing...... WHY???

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Pay to play. If you can't afford the tires and repairs, you can't afford the car. Quit whining. :cryying:

Tires that allow you dig race cost 1/4 of that

Hey Dominic toretto, not everyone cares about drag racing. Just because you don't want to break it, doesn't mean you can't afford it. I'm not spending money to prove anything to anyone else. I don't have any desire to make my car a drag car either. Not because I can't afford it, but I find it pointless.

12gt500

Established Member
after about reading two pages i get the idea the op may have quit making threads on svt lol. i like both but street racing aka "roll racing" is the best.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Their goal isn't to launch the cars. Hell... they don't even talk about ET.

Funny, Every time I've watched a UGR Lambo leave the starting line (whether at the Texas mile or at the drag strip), it's taking off like a bat out of hell. When you start from ZERO mph and rapidly accelerate, it's called a launch. :shrug:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Funny, Every time I've watched a UGR Lambo leave the starting line (whether at the Texas mile or at the drag strip), it's taking off like a bat out of hell. When you start from ZERO mph and rapidly accelerate, it's called a launch. :shrug:

If you think they're launching those cars, you'd have a rude awakening actually dig racing one. :lol:

I'm sure some of those guys race at a strip, but they're not exactly the best people to compare average Mustang owners to. They do have multimillion dollar budgets remember.

And if I'm not mistaken this year's TM event was from a roll. Get even after moving and wait to pass the tree or a light signals you (I don't know which).

Devil_Z

Established Member
I would agree they do more of a roll off the line when it's from a dig. 1500+ hp can break the tires loose even with AWD and I would imgaine those transmissions couldn't handle a lot of high rpm launches.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
And if I'm not mistaken this year's TM event was from a roll. Get even after moving and wait to pass the tree or a light signals you (I don't know which).

Two different events.

Texas Mile and Texas Invitational

Last edited:

slowbra1

Established Member
Much easier on the driveline. GT500 parts are not cheap to replace, and I prefer not to "shock" it to death at the track on slicks all the time.

Plus most on the fly runs on the street are going to be rolls anyway.

I agree I race at the track and usually when just minding my own business driving somewhere someone will roll up and BAM its a race.

Users who are viewing this thread