Roll racing...... WHY???

Sick03Vert

Banned
Nope, that's not it. I dont think roll racing proves much of anything. Now, if you go from a dig, it shows who the better driver AND car is.

Me thinks someone may have come across a turbo car that he couldn't handle? ;-)

Alas, I kid. But I don't like buying replacement parts, er go, roll racing FTW.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
this is why i stopped doing dig races every single weekend :shrug:

IMG_20130112_093341-1_zps493e9ea2.jpg

IMG_20130112_093333-1_zpsd47c5247.jpg

IMG_20130113_200359-1_zps98190375.jpg

IMAG0290-1_zpsf1a62b60.jpg

Last edited:

72SBC

Established Member
I've been fighting against the roll race crowd for about 12 years now. It's a losing battle, street racing/ drag racing is almost a lost art, most are just terrible at it and don't attempt it. Now I have a rollie car and haven't seen one thing that will line up. Figures.

Last edited:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I've been fighting against the roll race crowd for about 12 years now. It's a losing battle, street racing/ drag racing is almost a lost art, most are just terrible at it and don't attempt it. Now I have a rollie car and haven't seen one thing that will line up. Figures.

Something to do with a v6 appearance mod

Zentenk

Established Member
All these scrubs talking about "DIG is better than roll", how bout you all step up to starting from a roll in REVERSE!

So, does a GTR driver get to show his skill from a dig?

itSSlow98

Established Member
Hey now, when you have 278rwhp things are a heck of a lot easier from a dig. I just dont care for the struggle to merge into traffic with that kind of setup. I think for the 30 roll races ive had on the street.....ive never had a dig race randomly.

flS/R

Established Member
if you want a roll race which will test your superior 1st gear skills, just roll race from 5-10mph. Then you can shift about 20 times like they do in fast and furious

nickf2005

Established Member
flS/R said:
if you want a roll race which will test your superior 1st gear skills, just roll race from 5-10mph. Then you can shift about 20 times like they do in fast and furious

I'm still looking for that 20 mile long landing strip from Fast 6. Then, we can do 0-160-0-160.

Posted via Topify using Android

Elwood617

Established Member
Less chance for driver error in roll racing. Usually, the more powerful car will win. I don't do it very often myself, just when I'm really bored on the highway. I prefer the track, and that is where I do the majority of my racing.
I guess it comes down to, if you don't like it, don't do it. Stop looking down at others just because they don't like what you like.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Both happen around here, low rolls for fast cars, 1000 wheel isn't hooking on cool blacktop but slower cars like me will go from a dig. I still find 20-40 rolls fun but its all who traps more, coming out of the hole on the street is a skill on street tires. Alot of people here doing dig hits just feel the need to go flat out off the hit.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Both types of races serve a purpose and can potentially prove different things. You can't say "roll races prove nothing" b/c they certainly do. If you have two cars, or even just one, that have more of a road course suspension setup or just a lot of power and aren't running slicks then running from a roll at least typically will let you see which car is faster. Now I agree, that is different than which one is faster from a dig or at the drag strip but again, these are two different things.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Real easy explanation.

On the street from a dig the driver usually dictates the win (assuming fairly equal cars). On a roll the actual power to weight of the car usually dictates the win. Rolls typically take traction and driver error out of the equation. So do you want to race the driver or the car...?

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I just dyno race and do a power to weight calculation and take into consideration gearing. I show up, show my dyno slip and win. Get back into car and peel off.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nope, that's not it. I dont think roll racing proves much of anything. Now, if you go from a dig, it shows who the better driver AND car is.

A lot of guys don't give two shits who the better driver is. Drivers make mistakes and give excuses.

They want to see who the better car is. Results don't lie when two cars go on three runs and the results are the same each time.

If I want to see who the better driver is, its not drag racing, it involves using the steering wheel and turning. I think its funny drag racers neuter their cars handling and driving characteristics to get 1320' down the road faster than the other guy. No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread