Rolled over 3,000 miles today

Colleton

Established Member
Bought the '15 GT on October 31, 2014 and just rolled over 3K on the odometer today. Not bad, but I do have a Focus that I drive occasionally as a DD, so that helps keep the mileage down.

My thoughts after 3,000 miles:

I traded in a '14 GT500 to buy the '15 GT. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? But I did have some specific goals in mind when I made the trade, and I'm happy to say that they have all been realized.

Interior: What can I say. They new interior is leaps and bounds beyond that of the '14. No contest. The electronics suite is a big improvement as well. Even with all the complaints I see about MFT, it still beats the old Mustang nav system.

Suspension: It is so nice to roll over some rough pavement and not have the rear end jumping around on me. I do miss the stiffer shocks on the GT500 (even with the '15 GTPP), but overall the '15 GT suspension is a very nice improvement.

Handling: Once again, the '15 GT beats out the '14 GT500. The car handles and rides like a dream. Very confidence inspiring.

HP and Torque: Well, lol, the '14 GT500 wins this one hands down. It was a torque monster, and was a lot of fun. The issue I had with it was that the gearing was so tall that the car didn't really come alive until you were in "go directly to jail and lose your license" territory. Driving at the speed limit in 6th gear the car was just dead. Taching ~ 1.1. No fun. When I WAS having fun, it was VERY easy to be in triple digits before I realized it.

As for the '15 GT, while it doesn't have nearly as much HP and torque, it is still a blast to drive. It's also far easier to control and to put the power down when under heavy acceleration. I can also romp on it without worrying about being in triple digits immediately. I do miss the HP and torque sometimes though.

Overall: The '15 GT is a better car in every category except the insane HP and torque of the '14 GT500. I can live with that. Even the Pirelli P-Zero tires are better in the North Florida winter than the G:2 Supercar tires were.

I'm finally starting to see more of the new Mustangs on the road. Saw 2 new ones this week, a Magnetic EcoBoost vert and a DIB GT (non-PP) Fastback. It's nice to see how they look on the road because I don't get to see that driving my own. The verts look great to me, much better than the previous generation verts. ...and that DIB GT looked fantastic. It's amazing how small they look to me. Even though they are ~ the same length as the S197 and a bit wider to boot, they look like a smaller car on the road. I think it's the lower roof line and the wider stance.

As always, these are my opinions. While I stand by them, YMMV.

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
It's amazing how small they look to me. Even though they are ~ the same length as the S197 and a bit wider to boot, they look like a smaller car on the road. I think it's the lower roof line and the wider stance.

As always, these are my opinions. While I stand by them, YMMV.

The S550 steering wheel seems smaller than the S197 to me also. have you noticed this?

Users who are viewing this thread