Rookie Question

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
This might sound like a stupid question but here goes....

Will An Off Road X or H pipe from a 2004 GT with a solid axle fit my 03 Cobra with IRS? My buddy has one laying in his garage that he didnt like the sound with his SLP catback so he said I can have it. Thanks:beer:

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
no, the 04 gt has a live axle and the exhaust i believe will bend above it instead of under like the IRS exhaust.

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
Your asking about the mid-pipe not the cat-back, right? Mid-pipe will fit all V-8 Mustangs fromm 99-04 used the same mid-pipe. GT, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra with IRS all have the same mid-pipe. Although I think on the 2004 models there was a difference in O2 sensor location but I am not sure about that. I just bought a used off-road H-pipe that was on a Bullitt anf it fit my Cobra with IRS. mi l123 is thinking of the cat-back.

cliesch22

Established Member
Yes it will fit. That catback will not fit. The midpipes will be the same. Make sure you buy a gasket for the passenger side.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
For the life of me I can't get the front o2 sensors to plug in. Why would aftermarket companies put the o2 threads in a different spot than the factory h pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread