Ross Pistons - Thoughts on them for boost?

bullitt_11

Established Member
I'm currently in the process of doing a Teksid build and trying to decide on a set of pistons. Anyone have experience with Ross? This will be a turbo build will most likely see 800-1000hp on 20+ psi.

Helomech74

Established Member
How much are you looking to spend. Personally for the cost of most custom pistons out there, I'll be using Gibtec only for as long as they make a modular piston. They are billet as opposed to forged, can be had in just about any configuration (sizes in .001 increments), wrist pins, rings etc, around 1200 bucks. Hard to beat that when looking at what other custom piston manufacturers on the market offer.

bullitt_11

Established Member
How much are you looking to spend. Personally for the cost of most custom pistons out there, I'll be using Gibtec only for as long as they make a modular piston. They are billet as opposed to forged, can be had in just about any configuration (sizes in .001 increments), wrist pins, rings etc, around 1200 bucks. Hard to beat that when looking at what other custom piston manufacturers on the market offer.

Yea that's a little more than I was planning to spend. I have heard awesome things about them though!

A little hung up between these or Manley platinum series. I have heard of the Racetek name but have not heard from anyone with experience with them.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Racetec is built by the guy that started JE and are supposed to be on par with Gibtec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Actually Ross has been using 2618 Billet bar stock for decades, OP I would avoid a 4032 high silicon material piston for your combo.

Helomech74

Established Member
Ross uses 2618 Billet bar stock and forges the pistons, Gibtec uses a billet piece and machines the pistons from the billet. different process.

Users who are viewing this thread