Rotator cuff tears

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
The sooner you get it done the better the recovery is! I had both shoulders done( get it done in the winter) you will be off work 1-3 weeks. Follow the dr orders to the letter, because you don’t want to go through it again. Do the PT, first few weeks it will be passive, then you will be doing the movements. Use the drugs given to you, then move to aleave or Tylenol. You need to stay up on them as it allows you to heal. The first night after the surgery is the worst then it slowly gets better. If it’s done orthoscopic then the healing is faster. If it’s done open well then it’s more painful and slower. 4 months I was back in the gym with light weights, after a year it’s as normal as it will get

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, I did not enjoy reading anything in this thread. Apparently shoulder injuries just made my list of shit I don’t ever want.

Good luck man, hope everything goes well.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Had both shoulders repaired from tears and bone spurs, both have tears and spurs in them again. I had more pain in my neck from them locating and numbing the correct nerve for pain management than the surgery. Left shoulder was a tear in the middle of the joint. NO movement for 6 weeks post op. That sucked, but after rehab it did well. Mine now are just wear and tear (literally!) over the years. Like some have said, no surgery unless I can't sleep or loose so much strength it interferes with daily activities. Good luck.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Learn to wipe your ass with the other hand if the tear is on your dominate side!

Users who are viewing this thread