Rotor to Rotor Contact/POSI port/ small heart attack

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
Being in Ohio I like to take the car apart in the winter and check everything out. Figured I'd clean the intercooler and take a look around.

Never had a noise, car makes awesome power, broke a new PR this summer going 10.57@132

Last thing I expected was this.

Haven't pulled the rotor pack out yet, but I'm super bummed out since Bryon doesn't do these anymore...
Any ideas? Cause/repair?

1521981_10153615620275328_1380871682_n.jpg

:shrug:

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Dan, try to post a better pic of that outlet too. I know were both curious if that is Brains work on the outlet side ? Looks to me like it possibly somehow came out of "time" or worn bearings ? (I've read about every post "Posi" has ever responded to. I also own #399).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as the rotors spin they draw themselves together correct ? Also, can someone confirm that the "black coating" is a "run-in" coating ... So, as the blower wears it maintains a finish on the rotors ? Some say there is benefits to polishing and stripping, others say no effect on leaving it. I believe in seeing as much of it intact as possible, just me and what I've read.

Sorry if I've sidetracked a bit, just curious as to the cause of damage and port work of this blower, I've never see a Posi opened up this much on the outlet before.

Side note: could removing that much material (outlet) from the lower blower casing cause warping or somehow effect the rotors (flexing ?) ? Nitrous: any negative effects on rotors ?

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
My guess is the bearings are going causing your rotors to "suck in" maybe and contact? Was there debris in the after cooler? I would also like to see some pics of the blower to compare. I just pulled mine to send out to be ported. I would send your blower to Jon bond. He rebuilds blowers and does phenomonal work. He will rebuild your entire blower and send you back the damaged parts if you wish so you can see what caused the damage. Good luck.

ctgreddy

Established Member
wow man that sucks! first the trans now this? certainly looks bad, hard to believe that would make no noise.

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
I have a low millage blower for ya. Rotors still have the black coating. You just need to swap the enternals
CAM00122.jpg

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
I text you back today! I sent the wrong area code in my PM
:poke:

The number you texted me from is the same number that told me to stop sending texts because I had the wrong nunber??? I'll PM you the screenshot

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Hate to tell you but I think your case is shot..

I was looking at all the pics and thinking the exact same thing...

worst case I suppose the OP could sand down the "rough" area's and have a small amount of extra clearance.

but that does not seem to be the best decision. maybe time for a twin screw....

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
Ya :/ I was really enjoying the surprise from people after they find out "it's just eaton"

Time to make a mailbox out of this thing..... buh

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
maybe time for a twin screw....

Or a bigger much more efficient roots blower.

Ya :/ I was really enjoying the surprise from people after they find out "it's just eaton"

Time to make a mailbox out of this thing..... buh

I love the mail box idea!
FYI the VMP TVS 2.3 uses the Eaton TVS rotor pack.
You could still say "it is just an Eaton" :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread