Rough Country steering stabilizer installed....PICS !

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
SID,

I have heard that before......can I at least keep my underwear on?

ACSVT, go ahead it will fit nomatter how low you are.

supragod98

Established Member
Nice job. Good to know somebodies willing to step outside the box. Thanks for letting us all know about this. For the price might as well do it.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Wow, I never thought of that Ian. It took me 3 sentences to realize that you were for real. Thanks for the idea. :thumbsup:

Boston Blackie

Established Member
I put one on my '93 L about 6 months ago . It cured the dreaded death shake common to early L's. I never thought to try it on my '01 however. Thanks for the great idea!

pitstain

Established Member
you are all very welcome, I am very happy with this simple mod, as it has increased the drivability of the truck, which is always one of my mission creeps.....

I think this stabilizer will also extend the life of the steering box and other steering system components as well by reducing the shock to the gears in the box and the other joints in the linkages.

In now way does this make the truck feel like it has a rack and pinion but it just smooths the whole feel out nicley, bumps are less noticable and the slight vibrations I would feel in the wheel from the brakes and/or wheel/tire balance are reduced quite a bit as well.

Very Lincoln towncar-ish now.

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Just ordered one. thanks Ian. This will definitely help in my quest to make my Lightning more enjoyable to drive.

pitstain

Established Member
you would hit the tranny cooler lines, and center steering link before touching the stabilizer...it is really out of the way nicely....

Damm those pulley bolts got rusty, I just put that damm thing on 3 months ago.....FYI I have a 2# lower.....no gay jokes....

rrGnbxuYQnw1poIStjbdHTO+vHVSfScy0300.jpg

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Think you win Mod of the Month with this one!!
Good job. When I put my winter tires on I've noticed just how much easier the steering is (thinner vs wide tires) so this will really help.

pitstain

Established Member
WOOHOOO Mod of the month....I don't want a prize, just not to be made fun of so much when I post polls up.....:)

Dusten

Established Member
pitstain said:
you would hit the tranny cooler lines, and center steering link before touching the stabilizer...it is really out of the way nicely....

Damm those pulley bolts got rusty, I just put that damm thing on 3 months ago.....FYI I have a 2# lower.....no gay jokes....

There are so many reasons to make gay jokes of you, other than your smallish pulley... :-D

99BlkLitng

Established Member
someone should post a poll in honor of pitstain asking who will being doing this needed mod. I know that I am ordering mine today.

pitstain

Established Member
OK guys hold up cause Mark @ LFP will be selling these and hopefully at the best available price....give him a call...

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
pitstain said:

wont hear anything about the 2lber from me... i like the low boost idea's

pitstain

Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
wont hear anything about the 2lber from me... i like the low boost idea's

Thank you! I kept getting reamed by people for ONLY doing a 2#'er:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread