Roush intake worthless?

BLK_5.0

Established Member
I daily my 5.0 and am not tuning it anytime soon (I like my warranty) so I haven't done a CAI yet. I may have the chance to pick up a like new Roush CAI pretty cheap. When I look at reviews online it says it will give a minimal amount of power and slightly alter exhaust note but also that it pulls ALOT of hot air in at idle. Anyone have this intake that can weigh in with their thoughts? Main concern is I do not want to lose any power.

nate714

Established Member
I don't own the roush cai but one of it's key selling points is that it is California emissions legal, while most CAI are not. That said, I don't think you'd lose power.

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
If you have no interest in tuning the car then why not just get a nice drop in filter for the stock airbox?

BLK_5.0

Established Member
Didnt seem like there was any real benefit to a drop in and i like the look of the "cone" CAIs better. Plus I have the Roush AB so I figured I could stay with Roush.

Sizeth3

Established Member
If you want something that looks good, and you don't have to tune for, check out the Airaid modular intake tube.

nate-roth

Established Member
You may not pick up much/any power but the motor will sound much better and you mentioned that you like the look of the CAI. If it's cheap it seems like a win/win situation. You can always sell it later if you decide to get more aggressive with modding.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you have no interest in tuning the car then why not just get a nice drop in filter for the stock airbox?

We actually lost power with a drop-in K&N on a 2012 GT.

You may not pick up much/any power but the motor will sound much better and you mentioned that you like the look of the CAI. If it's cheap it seems like a win/win situation. You can always sell it later if you decide to get more aggressive with modding.

Very true.

Users who are viewing this thread