Roush M90 Supercharger??

Este408

Established Member
Heloo I have a 2006 mustang gt Automatic!
I purchased the car with a roush m90 supercharger. My question is what upgrades can i do to my car to get more performance without spending a ton of money? I had the car dynoed and it put down some weak numbers 340rwhp..
Its stock just for the exception of bassani full exhaust with x-pipe catted.My goal is to get to at least 390 or 400rwhp. I know i loose power due to it being automatic but any suggestions? will really be appreciated!!

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
There is a pulley up-grade from ROUSH adds 2psi. Also Roush offers a cold air intake. They both require a tune so its best you get them at the same time it will save u money and time when you send back the PCM for recalibration. My ex- wife had an 06 vert with the Roushcharger and those mods she put down 406rwhp and 382rwtq. I think she has over 110,000 miles and still runs strong.......its all in the tune when it come to longevity.

ps. The dyno seemed a little generous......but the car runs strong.:burnout:
also the car has over 90,000 miles with the S/C.

Last edited:

Este408

Established Member
Yea I was thinking of changing the pulley and getting a custom dyno tune! Hopefully with that i can get to 390hp at least! I need to get a dyno tune because my car is running very lean.I went to a known shop to have my spark plugs changed and the tuner took a look and said the car was running very lean and he could here "detonation" going off whatever that means? So i have no choice to get a dyno tune now and was looking for simple mods to have installed i have to keep it smog legal california is a pain in the ass!!

Este408

Established Member
Yea im working on that right now its kinda expensive i have to get the Sct tuner and the pulley and the tune which comes out to $1200! Thats why if imma get it tuned might as well get little stuff out of the way like the pulley and they reccomended the 90mm idler pulley?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
why not add long tube headers, aluminum driveshaft and a throttle body? for $1200 those will add plenty of power for you and later on if you feel the need for more you can pulley up and tune it again.

oh and 340whp is pretty terrible for a blower car. im at 358whp with heads/cams/intake manifold, I would have expected at least 400whp off a roushcharged car.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Most 3v M90 cars are putting down 370-390rwhp. VMP or JDM or the two tuners most used in the Roush community.

908ssp

Established Member
You have it so do the best you can but the M90 is really too small a blower for 4.6 liter V8. It was designed for GM and their 3.8 liter V6 as boost to the family sedans in place of a V8. A used GT500 blower is a much better fit for the 4.6l as it is designed for a larger 5.4 liter engine and therefore has huge potential on the smaller 4.6 liter motor.

Este408

Established Member
Yea I dont want longtubes its not leagal here in california and its only getting hard to find a place that will smog built car for extra money if you know what i mean! Yea so i got it dyno tuned by TPS Performance here in California and it put down 363. The reason I cant put down more power because this is the old m90 roush charger it has a very small blower so the tuner said 363 is the max for that blower. I didnt do the pulley just decided to tune it and save up for a whipple!

QikSnake

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread