Roush Phase 1 intake lid/ open vs closed intake

Angry50

Established Member
I notice on the new roush kits they have an enclosed intake. but on 90% of after market intakes and some stock intakes they have the open filter.

some pages ive seen say this is purely to cut noise, but some people theorize that the enclosed box cuts down on heat.

anyone know for sure or the "global opinion" is does it make a difference or is it purely a noise blocking item?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'd believe its for keeping heat out, I don't think that intake you have seals against the hood.

You can test this, bring up the IAT gauge on the cluster and run the car with the lid on and off. See how high each get when you're sitting idle for 5 minutes with the car at operating temp.

Angry50

Established Member
I'd believe its for keeping heat out, I don't think that intake you have seals against the hood.

You can test this, bring up the IAT gauge on the cluster and run the car with the lid on and off. See how high each get when you're sitting idle for 5 minutes with the car at operating temp.

playing around with this now.. Driving temps look great i havent sat still for more than the length of the light but i will give it more time and compare temps

Users who are viewing this thread