Roush Phase 3 Numbers

Reisjsr

Established Member
Hey all. Just wondering what your thoughts are, I have a 14 GT with a Phase 3 Roush kit on it. I recently dynoed the car and it hit 540 rwhp. Anyone think this is a little low? I can’t say I wasn’t extremely disappointed. I’m running 93 octane joe shmo pump gas just in case you were wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey all. Just wondering what your thoughts are, I have a 14 GT with a Phase 3 Roush kit on it. I recently dynoed the car and it hit 540 rwhp. Anyone think this is a little low? I can’t say I wasn’t extremely disappointed. I’m running 93 octane joe shmo pump gas just in case you were wondering.
Yeah, it does seem a little low. The Phase 3 kit is rated at 675HP and 585TQ, correct?
I assume it's the Roush tune? The 93 octane would bump it up a bit as the Roush tune is done at the 91 octane.

Reisjsr

Established Member
That’s what I thought. Super disappointed. So now it’s VMP, Lund, OR a race shop in Memphis I’ve been peeping

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bunits19714

Established Member
is 540 alt corrected?(assuming your in CO) and what wheels are you running if your running a big heavy 20 inch they will rob 20+ rwhp-. But I would move to a lund or vmp tune regardless .

Reisjsr

Established Member
is 540 alt corrected?(assuming your in CO) and what wheels are you running if your running a big heavy 20 inch they will rob 20+ rwhp-. But I would move to a lund or vmp tune regardless .

That’s kinda what I was thinking. Big heavy 20” niche wheels are what I’m running. I used to live in CO but moved to Kentucky where the car is now, I just haven’t changed my location on here in years. So slightly above sea level is where I’m at alt wise.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

OneSlowV

Established Member
I think you would pickup a lot of power with the proper tune if you are running the Roush tuning

Recon

Established Member
Roush tunes are conservative. I’d highly recommend getting another tuner to tune it for you. Justin at VMP knows the Roush cars very well. That’s who is tuning my Roush once the built engine is installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reisjsr

Established Member
I just know there’s a lot more in it. I’m in Kentucky right where Missouri Illinois Tennessee and Kentucky meet and there aren’t really any good tuning shops around here. I’ll probably give Justin my business given everything I’ve heard

Recon

Established Member
Hm, not too far from me then, fellow blue grass man. But yes Justin does excellent work on the Roush cars.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s what I thought. Super disappointed. So now it’s VMP, Lund, OR a race shop in Memphis I’ve been peeping
Since it's a Roush car,....you BEST bet is VMP hands down. VMP blowers are very similar to Roush blowers. Justin works closely with Roush as well.
And you can see and read all good things about that shop all over the internet.
Good luck man.

Reisjsr

Established Member
Yeah buddy. Said screw it and got a drag wheel/tire setup today as well as a SCT tuner from VMP. How long does it take to get dialed in with data logging and all that. I would imagine VMP is ridiculous busy

Recon

Established Member
He’s busy but I was really impressed with the response time when I sent him an email. Within 24 hours he answered all my questions in detail.
The data looking really depends on you, and how precise you want the car to be.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Hop on the Coyote TVS/Kenne Bell/Whipple group on FB a lot of good info in there. Those numbers look low for a phase 3. I would ditch the roush tune and hit up Lund or Palm Beach Dyno.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hop on the Coyote TVS/Kenne Bell/Whipple group on FB a lot of good info in there. Those numbers look low for a phase 3. I would ditch the roush tune and hit up Lund or Palm Beach Dyno.
I would add VMP onto that list as well.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Since it's a Roush car,....you BEST bet is VMP hands down. VMP blowers are very similar to Roush blowers. Justin works closely with Roush as well.
And you can see and read all good things about that shop all over the internet.
Good luck man.

This is good advice.

OP....Being a TVS car, I would have used VMP to tune mine but being that I live in the communist state of Ca, they couldn't help me.

That said, I went with Lund and couldn't be happier. He knows his Fords VERY well and has amazing customer service. My mods and numbers are in my sig.

FWIW, Coyote cars with a TVS make more power per lb of boost than GT500s do.

nate714

Established Member
....Being a TVS car, I would have used VMP to tune mine but being that I live in the communist state of Ca, they couldn't help me.

Wait really? You couldn't get an email tune from VMP? I know some vendors won't ship VMP products to addresses in CA but I thought an email tune would be no problem?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeup.

When I bought the car in April the first round of mods I actually originally bought from VMP. It was pully, intake, and tune (like most gt500 guys).

Ordered online.. it went through, paid with cc. I was excited.

Next morning I get a reimbursement for my cc and an email from VMP saying thanks but no thanks.

Reisjsr

Established Member
Well I think that just sucks. I get the whole EPA thing I just don’t get CA laws.

I just don’t see how VMP tuned cars in CA are a major contributor to global warming.

Users who are viewing this thread