Roush Phase 3 on 2011 GT manual, power output low... help!

BoostFrenzy

Established Member
Car has a phase 3/675hp kit, otherwise stock, roush calibration.

Flowing 71lbs/min at redline, 15.5* timing, mid 11s afr, IATs look good, no DTCs or drivability problems... significantly down on power, any suggestions? Shouldn't airflow be higher? Still need to measure pulley to make sure they shipped the correct one.

thanks guys

cheeseclock

Established Member
It's my car. After talking with Justin from VMP and the folks at Roush, I want to get it on a dyno and log it. Shawn (OP) has other thoughts. It does seem to be rather lackluster in the power department with the Phase 3 kit. Everything is as Roush shipped it. Roush tune, Roush BAP, everything. It's slow enough, I have NA LS guys wanting to run me... :p

Troponin

Established Member
Yeah, I am trying to figure out how you came up with the "down on power" part.

It just doesn't "feel" fast? ROUSH has a bunch of tq management working in their tunes. If you want the car to run strong, you should just take a phase 1 kit, then upgrade it from there and do a custom tune. Remember that the 47# injectors start leaning out with an 82mm pulley if you have intake and exhaust with it. The injectors are good for about 575whp. If you want more than that, it's advised you upgrade the injectors.

cb900f

Established Member
Down on power... Well, I'm really not any faster than OP's C6 'vette, which should be 390 wheel.

Make sure the heat exchanger pump is working. If you are only logging IAT1, watch IAT2. If it get's hot it will start pulling tons of timing. A buddy with a 79mm dynod below 400 with the same problem.

BoostFrenzy

Established Member
Make sure the heat exchanger pump is working. If you are only logging IAT1, watch IAT2. If it get's hot it will start pulling tons of timing. A buddy with a 79mm dynod below 400 with the same problem.

we were unable to log IAT2 with SCT livelink, is a custom PID neccesary, if so guidance please?

please keep in mind the PCM is calling for 15* of timing at the top and it consistently achieves it as well as +.5-1.0* adaptive adder.

Last edited:

cb900f

Established Member
we were unable to log IAT2 with SCT livelink, is a custom PID neccesary, if so guidance please?

please keep in mind the PCM is calling for 15* of timing at the top and it consistently achieves it as well as +.5-1.0* adaptive adder.

If it's hasn't been wired into the ECU, it won't be available. One of the steps on the Roush is to add a pin into the ECU, which is the IAT2. My buddies said it was achieving 14* of timing also, but it was waaaaaaaaaaay down on power.

cb900f

Established Member

Oh and easy way to check is just pop the cap off the reservoir while the key is on. It will be flowing at a good pace. I had to nearly fill mine to the very top or it would splash out.

cb900f

Established Member
The IAT2 is wired correctly. There is flow. Before starting the car, I made sure the pump primed and that I had flow.
So you got flow at the MAF, have you checked if it's got boost yet? Maybe have a leak at the manifolds? Got a boost gauge on it?

cheeseclock

Established Member
It is faster than stock. I'm pretty sure we have boost. My boost gauge is on its way. Shawn (OP) had questioned whether it might be leaking at the manifolds, but I don't have a way of applying pressure. I suppose I could try to block the throttle body opening with something, but what?

pickles

Established Member
Only certain ecu strategies will support IAT2, your tuner will have to switch you over to one of the few strategies that will support it.

cheeseclock

Established Member
What really doesn't make sense is the fact that it's only moving 71 lb/min of air. With pumping losses from the blower, it should be closer to 80 if the 675 crank horsepower is to be belived. I'm going to measure the pulley when I get home, but the only other viable answer is if the bypass valve isn't closing fully. If there were a boost leak, it would draw more air. The AFR would be off.

cjd223

Established Member
Remember 675 crank is only about 575 whp. Maybe a bit more with the M6 trans. OTOH I am having a similar problem. I am only flowing 73 lbs. I am running Roush P1 with an 82mm pulley, stock airbox, stock exhaust A6 car. I am starting to think this might be a restriction. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AFE-31-80179/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread