Roush SC & ID1000 Injector Install Question

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
Has anyone installed new injectors after their Roush has been installed?

The rear bolt on the driver's side fuel rail is under the throttle body and inlet elbow on the SC. Is there anything special I should know about removing the inlet elbow/throttle body from the supercharger? I have the process down for swapping the injectors. But I'd hate to remove the elbow only to have parts and pieces, that I have no clue about, tumbling out the back.

I'll include a pic for clarity later today.

Thanks in advance.

bmyles

Established Member
It's pretty easy man, there's not much there to mess up. All the electrical connections only go one way and if you want mark the Rubber hoses so you know where everything goes

Last edited:

wmfateam

Established Member
^Seconded. We do this once a month and after you do it like 2 or 3 times, you can have it done in 15 minutes or less.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
Thanks! That was the last of my worries. It all seemed like a no brainer, but I didn't want to start off all cocky, popping off parts, and then all of a sudden having a Class 1A cluster**** on my hands.

Now all I need is TIME.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
Yeah, I was going to pull the fuse to the fuel pump and turn it for 5 seconds a few times. Then grab some thick towels and line around the injectors and pull the rails after removing the bolts.

cb900f

Established Member
:thumbsup:

Sounds like you got it under control. Should be a breeze then.

:beer:

Yeah, I was going to pull the fuse to the fuel pump and turn it for 5 seconds a few times. Then grab some thick towels and line around the injectors and pull the rails after removing the bolts.

mhyjek

Established Member
I did the same when doing a boss install, the only thing was I had an injector that was leaking so I kept taking off the manifold and left the fuse in by accident and to be honest there was not much fuel coming out disconnecting it with fuel and pressure. Couldn't believe that I wasn't sprayed in the face. You should be fine!!

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
you also may want to blow out the area around the injectors with air before popping them out of the manifold....that way no dirt that has settled around them falls down in the hole and gets in your engine....

better safe than sorry

Users who are viewing this thread